Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Loftus is awful, seems to get into good positions and then has zero end product, looks terrified to cross it or shoot.
Loftus Cheek looked amazing at youth level but then basically didn't play until last season. Chelsea have massively stalled his development. Reminds me of Ross without the pace in style of play and physique.

He is another one of those players who I don't see a natural role for in a 4-3-3.

Loftus Cheek will have a far better career than Barkley.

For Crimhead. You can estimate the year on year increase in wages and the adverse amortisation impact of the transfers last summer quite easily using P&L, Cash Flow and notes to the accounts.

Elstone himself estimated we would have baseline wages of £140m this year. Revenue will likely be c.£175m down from an estimated £185m last season. None of the key commercial deals expire until end of this coming season so any commercial boost will be marginal from smaller sponsorships.

It will bore the pants off folks on here if we bang on for ages but DM me if you want to discuss. There IS a margin of error on the £25m estimate but it is at most +/- £10m. I’m a 30+ year qualified accountant & I have read the PL rules on this. We are very constrained, something Moshiri confirmed in a recent meeting with the head of the shareholders association.
My point was that the projections are hard to know as neither you nor I are in their finance shop, nor can we predict the future. But we CAN lose money this year. If I give it hard look I might DM just to talk shop, though.

Kane scored 17 goals in his first 67 senior games. Calvert Lewin has 16 in his first 69.

Calvert Lewin has scored in the final of a Fifa International tournament. That's a pretty good level to score at.
DCL scored second time of asking once he fluffed the first shot almost snapping his ankle, pretty much about right. He is an awful striker who can’t strike and not fit enuff to sniff Oumars skidded shorts.

The u21 World Cup goal is similar to Bolasie who went past Liverpool’s fullback in 2014, doesn’t mean they are suddenly a good player.

Last edited:

DCL is 21, Cost 1.5 million from Sheffield United, People going on like we signed Gabriel Jesus for 50m and hasn't performed at all, Lad can hold his own against top defenders in the PL solo and has pace to burn, I wouldn't say he's a bad finisher just very unlucky at times and inexperienced.

Seriously, he is, he's Stuart 'barn door' Barlow MKII.

Seriously don’t think we have much to worry about from West Ham. Other than Diop they have spent money on names much like we did last year. As good as Yarmelenko was a few seasons ago by all accounts he has lost a yard of pace after injury and think he has ended up at West Ham for a payday. They have just spent 42 million on a Brazilian who is average and unlike our average 45 million man isn’t even a set piece threat. Fully expect West Ham to finish 9-10 and Pellegrini to be binned by this time next summer.
On to Everton, we will be 7-8, possibly even 6th because I still don’t think Arsenal have sorted there main problems out. Fully expect another 5/6 out before the season starts and 3-4 in. I am frustrated that we haven’t brought anyone in but I’m not ready to get the nappies out in case of bedwetting yet. We really have put ourselves in a hole in terms of the ridiculous wages we put the likes of Bolasie Williams and Klassen on (Sandro I can understand based on his low fee) and we will do well to rid ourselves of the dross within the next two windows.
There are too many players stealing a massive wage and by the sounds of it Silva and Brands know exactly who they want out and who they think they may get a tune (temporarily or not) out of.
A more streamlined squad utilising some of our undoubted youth quality, a couple of astute signings and with a manager who doesn’t think that tactics are a type of mint and I am feeling quietly confident that we will have an enjoyable season where we can see progress on the field.

Arsenal have two 20 goal a season strikers in their side mate, although I agree they are the weakest of the 'Top 6' they are still head and shoulders above the rest of the league

Status
Not open for further replies.