Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan will not sell Andrea Bertolacci to Everton, as it’s reported Coach Gennaro Gattuso insisted on keeping him.
The midfielder spent last season on loan at Genoa, having failed to make an impact at San Siro following his €20m move from Roma in 2015.
According to Mediaset Premium, Gattuso was impressed by Bertolacci in pre-season training and urged Milan not to sell the 27-year-old.
His current contract is due to expire in June 2019, so a new proposal is also on the horizon.

To but in if I may - I like Laxalt but would only play him as a wing back in a 3-5-2. He is attack minded and capable of chipping in with goals. I wouldn’t use him as an out and out LB.

I’d prefer Digne or Tierney over him to be honest. I just have nagging doubts.
Cheers pal. Just seen hus pic n remembered seen him in WC. Agree I'd prefer above especially Tierney who I still think might get done

Loftus Cheek looked amazing at youth level but then basically didn't play until last season. Chelsea have massively stalled his development. Reminds me of Ross without the pace in style of play and physique.

He is another one of those players who I don't see a natural role for in a 4-3-3.
Isn't he more of a box to box time? Couldn't he play the way Doucoure played at Watford?

I just see a big, supposedly strong guy who has a good first touch, definite ability to control the ball, that draws a lot of fouls with his possession, but just doesn't seem like the type that can serve a ball, send someone through with a killer pass, and I literally cannot imagine him scoring a goal other than some tap in off a set piece.

So yes, the size and first touch are rare, but I'm not seeing a great footballer.

Maybe I'm also still disturbed by the fact that he flopped around like a fish last time we played him and it drives me nuts when I see a guy with that size diving all over the pitch. Hard for me to balance the idea that it's a good tactical play with the fact that no one should be able to knock him off the ball.

Loftus Cheek looked amazing at youth level but then basically didn't play until last season. Chelsea have massively stalled his development. Reminds me of Ross without the pace in style of play and physique.

He is another one of those players who I don't see a natural role for in a 4-3-3.

Exactly. I do think his physicality helps him a lot, especially at youth level.

But he needs a club. He can't be hanging around at Chelsea hoping to get a game. Ship may have already sailed and another youngster could come through by time he has a role.

Cheers pal. Just seen hus pic n remembered seen him in WC. Agree I'd prefer above especially Tierney who I still think might get done

Laxalt is really good going forward - in trying to watch matches with Bertolacci you couldn't miss him playing with him for Genoa. But yeah, I didn't see a lot of tackle in him. Wasn't looking for it, either, though.

I also like the others with a bit more strength and tackle in them - Digne and Dalbert, although Digne seems to be really good moving off the ball and getting forward, whereas Dablert seems to like to run with it a bit more. Either would help. Tierney would be lovely, too, he's young, but he's not worth 25M.

Isn't he more of a box to box time? Couldn't he play the way Doucoure played at Watford?

I just see a big, supposedly strong guy who has a good first touch, definite ability to control the ball, that draws a lot of fouls with his possession, but just doesn't seem like the type that can serve a ball, send someone through with a killer pass, and I literally cannot imagine him scoring a goal other than some tap in off a set piece.

So yes, the size and first touch are rare, but I'm not seeing a great footballer.

Maybe I'm also still disturbed by the fact that he flopped around like a fish last time we played him and it drives me nuts when I see a guy with that size diving all over the pitch. Hard for me to balance the idea that it's a good tactical play with the fact that no one should be able to knock him off the ball.

I didn't him more than once or twice at Palace so I'm only going off my memory of youth England games and the recent senior England games.

He was a goalscoring number 10, really good finisher, but he benefited from being twice the size of his opponents which always makes me doubt how it will transfer to the adult game.

I do like him, he can beat a player which is a useful skill but the lack of pace seems difficult to fix. He has the attributes for a box to box #8 role but I've never seen him run a game in the way that Barkley did at his best.

Exactly. I do think his physicality helps him a lot, especially at youth level.

But he needs a club. He can't be hanging around at Chelsea hoping to get a game. Ship may have already sailed and another youngster could come through by time he has a role.

Talking of Chelsea youngsters who have stalled I would try Tammy Abraham. Yes he flopped at Swansea but they were the least creative team in the league , he has all the attributes and talent to be a great striker.

Theres a big difference pellegrini knows how to spend and he’s won the league

He won the league with City when there was less competition, which should really be expected of any decent manager.

If you look at the signings he made there, they're pretty much all hit and miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.