Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love these people who just want a shiny new signing for the sake of it. Complaining about other clubs signing players they’ve never heard of but they must be good because they have an exotic name.

Go and enjoy the World Cup.
I know yeah, would well rather have Davies and Bolasie in our midfield over Wilshire and Yarmalenko who are joining West Ham for a total of less than 20m. Not forgetting the very highly-rated Diop who they signed at centre back, nah, rather have Ash Williams or Phil Jajelka back there, got to stay loyal to our lads.

I know yeah, would well rather have Davies and Bolasie in our midfield over Wilshire and Yarmalenko who are joining West Ham for a total of less than 20m. Not forgetting the very highly-rated Diop who they signed at centre back, nah, rather have Ash Williams or Phil Jajelka back there, got to stay loyal to our lads.

Has it been confirmed that Yarmolenko is signing for them? Only seen RUMOURS that they were interested.

Capt Jags is pretty much indispensable; his leadership is critical to our fortunes.And if Tubby Ashley were to leave, there would be a fair few subsequent redundancies in the Finch Farm catering staff. It's important 'the Everton family' sticks together. As long as there are three teams worse than us, our future in the PL is bright.

I do agree with this but I'd probably add in the need for a leader.

Last season we massively lacked an on-field leadership presence.

We had literally nobody to act as a motivator on the field, to lead the players during a time of mismanagement.

Anyone we bring into those positions needs to have experience. Otherwise we're playing an under 23s squad, and the youth you talk about is wasted.

Don't count on Lookman being here for long. I wouldn't, after how the club have been with him over the last 12 to 18 months. Beni is average, and Davies isn't setting the world alight - he just chases the ball down and wins decisions.

We have a great youth system, but I'm not seeing anything unbelievably great at the moment that's making me feel we don't need new heads.
Seamus mate! Sorted for this coming season hopefully!

I do agree with this but I'd probably add in the need for a leader.

Last season we massively lacked an on-field leadership presence.

We had literally nobody to act as a motivator on the field, to lead the players during a time of mismanagement.

Anyone we bring into those positions needs to have experience. Otherwise we're playing an under 23s squad, and the youth you talk about is wasted.

Don't count on Lookman being here for long. I wouldn't, after how the club have been with him over the last 12 to 18 months. Beni is average, and Davies isn't setting the world alight - he just chases the ball down and wins decisions.

We have a great youth system, but I'm not seeing anything unbelievably great at the moment that's making me feel we don't need new heads.
I've heard that Capt Jags has replaced boot laces with velcro strips for the the upcoming season...that should alleviate any 'absence of leadership' qualms.

West Ham:

Appoint Pellegrini as manager

Sign the likes of Yarmolenko, Anderson, Diop & Wilshire

Everton:

Appoint Silva as manager

Sign bugger all and pull out of a move for our main target because of £5 million.

And some of our fans think this is acceptable :blush:
Some people have invested a lot of time into believing he’s messiah, he’s not he’s a very naughty boy.

I think Brands telling all that we need to reduce the size of the squad (I.e. We need to sell) was a mistake as surely that will encourage low/derisory offers and us footing some player wages to get shut.Rooney/Mori going is all fine but we do not know the details of either deal, I bet you who knows though : the agents. We as fans know what players we need so if we are being serious contenders just get them in and take whatever losses we need to to enable us to ship out the deadwood. We will be lucky to get shut of half these players, not cos they are particularly crap (some are )but the mad wages they are on.

Not sure what the logic would be in selling Lookman...

The only logic would be if Lookman is demanding to leave.

We don't want to sell him. We've rejected their opening bid and Brands has spoke publicly that he wants Lookman to stay.

If the player wants out, and is demanding it, then I imagine we'll have a price that needs to be met.

But I think we very much want to keep him. Hopefully he wants to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.