Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I did notice. As I said, it looks as though positions are available throughout the stadium, but the focus seems to be on putting those less abled in the corners.

Imagine subjecting those less able to a close up view of our corner kicks, what an absolute piss take that would be. A real kick in the teeth and something the club should be ashamed of.

Love those drawings. That is easy a 60k stadium based on the the previous image showing the Goodison footprint superimposed on the new stadium. It actually looks twice the capacity of Goodison.

It's just because Goodison has such large overhangs in the upper tiers. (which then require something to hold them up) If you look at the park end stand (around 6000 capacity) and put that up against the other parts of the ground it doesn't seem as big.

The external design is that as shown on the Buro Happold documents.

Seeing the insides is the same as it is on those documents I would be quite confident that it is.

I quite like this big screen, but it sacrifices seats... but I would guess this would be overlooking the Mersey?

According to the aforementioned documents that would be the end that is next to the waste water plant.

I think the pitch might run along side the Mersey with that big screen being on a glass wall so you can see the city behind it (like the yank stadiums, plus did Meis himself suggest something like that? Not sure though)

That would mean the 1878 stand with the old seats would be a smaller stand for the arl nostalgic fans (bullens arl fellas chewing worthers basically) the large stand would account for the missing seats and be a great view

Just my guessing like

See above. But there looks to be gaps in the large end that might enable you to see the city behind.

Titanic Stadium has a nice ring to it.

I don't think we need anymore bad luck. The Titans were defeated by the Olympians (who were their children - ring any bells with are un-loveable neighbours?) Pretty much whatever bears that name has questionable success, from the ship to sports teams.

It shows just how far the toxicity of this season has spread if people are moaning about all of this.

These concepts tick every box so far and that home end is an incredible concept!

160927210935-dortmund-fans-full-169.jpg

Just imagine this in blue (and minus the flags lol )

And ours is going to be steeper and closer to the pitch apparently.

Mind you, looking at that, hard to see how!

I ask this so I know where this is coming from.. and not to offend. But do you use a wheelchair or go to the match with someone who uses one?

No and no.

But I go to lots of games at various levels of football. And it disgusts me that wheelchair users are usually only accommodated pitch side. From there, you have a poor view, sometimes below pitch level. You are left open to the elements. And you're only allowed a single seat alongside you for a helper!? What if you want to go in a group, with your friends and your family?

Just seen detailed plans that look like wheelchair users won't be granted access to the stadium but will instead be allocated a space outside with a personal porthole to view the game through.

Absolutely disgusted if true.
To be fair mate with the football being played at the moment that would suit me and my dad.

I foresee an issue with wheelchair operators struggling to negotiate the tight angles that might occur. Hard to see any ‘spades in the Mersey’ until this is sorted out.

A year no but sometimes planning applications can drag on - even factors like brexit could play a part if economy impacted.

Planning is sorted, imo, sort of. Brexit? Heaven only knows, but cant really see a realistic issue there.

No and no.

But I go to lots of games at various levels of football. And it disgusts me that wheelchair users are usually only accommodated pitch side. From there, you have a poor view, sometimes below pitch level. You are left open to the elements. And you're only allowed a single seat alongside you for a helper!? What if you want to go in a group, with your friends and your family?
So you are outraged because you think you know what people who use wheelchairs need based on what you have seen. Right. Not gonna bother with you any more as you actually have no real perspective on this issue .

No and no.

The same as everybody else who wants to go with friends and family in a stadium with reserved seating, they cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.