Match Thread Spurs v Everton Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mcarthy and Gana are too similar they both press leaving us open, neither one sits. As much as I hate the rat it needs to be Morgan and one of these.

Bolasie having a stinker did for us today unfortunately. He had to have a good game for us to be able to build attacks, and he just wasn't on it. Shame.

Both Coleman and Bolasie are going to need 3-6 healthy months before/if they are close to normal.

I worked today but I caught 10 min of that match at Wendy's during lunch break. During that 10 minutes someone just decided to leave a spurs player all alone for the 1st goal. After that I finished my burger quickly and ended my lunch break early.

From top to bottom this Club is a shambolic mess. We have zero identity on the pitch, no pattern of play, no personality...absolutely nothing positive or encouraging. That performance today was disgraceful. But, it wasn’t a surprise to Evertonians or anyone else....and that is a huge concern.
I don’t think there’s a worse team to watch in the division, and we are most definitely in danger of falling into a relegation scrap. That worries me as we have no heart, no desire, no camaraderie....there’s no togetherness in the Team. The appointment of Allardyce and Lee underlined the lack of ambition and confirmed our acceptance of mediocrity.

I’m normally a positive Blue, but today has dented that. It was as bad as Southampton and Atalanta away and as bad as Spurs, Burnley, Atalanta, Lyon etc at home. It’s become the norm, and inspect it to get worse.

Oh for the days of Roberto Martinez - the days when we actually played a decent bit of football now and then. Yes, defensively he was weak, but compared to Koeman and Allardyce (and Unsworth) his teams had some flair, some excitement and on their day could really entertain. I hope he wins the World Cup and parades it around Goodison in true Jim Bowen style...”take a look at what you could’ve had”.....and has his middle finger raised.
Totally agree but would just like to point out I don't think he was defensively week. When he had the right mixture of Distin's pace and Jags solid defending with Baines and Coleman in their prime and Barry and a fit McCarthy his defensive record was good. However as those players deteriorated they just couldn't do what was being asked of them.

When he needed investment the money just wasn't there and we had to go for cheap options like Cleverly and McGeady.

Spurs are a better team, remember that.

No shame in loosing to them. The sub 7 teams are the ones, we need to feel bad loosing to. They are our bread and butter.

We can not win, against the top 7. Not the way things are, at the moment.

The loos today was expected.

Big Sam is bad news for Everton. Yes the players have not been good but the tactics have been awful from big Sam.
When Graham Taylor (RIP) took over as manager for England, the England team became a worse team overnight. It was shocking. We didn't make the World Cup and if you are too young to remember check it out on YouTube. But here is my point. If you watched what Everton did from the kick off yesterday it was exactly what England (under Taylor) would do. They would take the kick off, pass it back to a midfielder or defender and then he would hoof it forward into the corners of the oppositions side of the field. It works against bad teams sometimes at best, but against good teams it is a woeful thing to do. The idea is that you could get a flick on or corner or throw in. However, against a good team they just take it down under control and pass it around for the next 10 mins. If you look at our kick off yesterday this is exactly what we did. This is a tactic and is preplanned and is shocking. Watch how we hoof the ball most of the time. Against someone like West Brom we get a few chances (not many but still a few). Against good teams it is pointless and hiring a manager who chooses to do this is a big step backwards for Everton. Yes we were in trouble before Big Sam came but if people think he was the only manager who could steady the ship then I disagree. Now we are building a team with him at the helm. Wow! Another 2-3 years down the hatch. It went wrong from the day Moyes left. At that point we had a solid foundation to build on but didn't have lots of money to throw at the situation. We should have got in a top manager then and spent big. I know it is easier to say this with hindsight but I wasn't happy with the last 3 managerial appointments! When Moyes left we had a big opportunity and it was messed up.

Spurs are a better team, remember that.

No shame in loosing to them. The sub 7 teams are the ones, we need to feel bad loosing to. They are our bread and butter.

We can not win, against the top 7. Not the way things are, at the moment.

The loos today was expected.

Burnley, Huddersfield, Palace have all beaten top 4 teams, never mind top 7. It’s that mentality that encapsulates this whole Club....inferiority complex and losers.

Burnley, Huddersfield, Palace have all beaten top 4 teams, never mind top 7. It’s that mentality that encapsulates this whole Club....inferiority complex and losers.
I think tbh...this is a case of Spurs actually being better than us at this moment...it aint rocket science.

the decline is embarassing

yeah we may not have beaten arsenal, liverpool, man utd, chelsea or spurs that often in the past however at least on most occasions we remained competitive with them.

Now they batter us for fun on most occassions. For example:-

Spurs 4 Everton 0 - 13/1/2018
Everton 0 Man Utd 2 - 01/01/2018
Everton 2 Arsenal 5 - 22/10/2017
Man Utd 4 Everton 0 - 17/09/2017
Everton 0 Spurs 3 - 09/09/2017
Arsenal 3 Everton 1 - 21/05/2017
Everton 0 Chelsea 3 - 30/04/2017
Liverpool 3 Everton 1 - 01/04/2017
Chelsea 5 Everton 0 - 05/11/2016
Liverpool 4 Everton 0 - 20/04/2016
Everton 0 Arsenal 2 - 19/03/2016
Man City 3 Everton 1 - 27/01/2016

That's just the past 2 years

yes we've had some good results against those teams in the last 2 years as well but the majority of the time we get battered

Status
Not open for further replies.