Match Thread Spurs v Everton Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant director of football. Very average negative manager.

OK, if not a Moyes fanatic, I am deeply respectful of him salvaging Everton.

Moyes spend was on par with Hull when they came up. If Hull had made CL qualification, FA cup final and Semi and had Europa league runs, Phil Brown would very likely still be there :) Instead even 'decent' mangers like Silva couldn't keep them in the league, let alone challenging for honours and they've gone the same way as Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn and other non 'top 6' from the northwest without major financiers. That's how good Moyes was and how important Moshiri is.

I do agree Moyes demeanour in interviews could be improved - I think a lot of that was about drawing attention to / feeling fed up with the perennial league struggle he was already avoiding - with no money from poor Theatre Bill. He acquired well when given money.

Utd just didn't really want him - Ferguson did. He didn't improve Sociedad massively, but they didn't fall either and his Spanish was almost zero so that's tough. They've stayed put since, too. His only issue was Sunderland where he had no cash and I think you're right his persona from day 1 and "the reality of a relegation battle" did not work out and was not the right message. But look already at the impact he's made at West Ham with some quality to work with.

I don't believe we're relegation fodder right now (though I thought we were vs Saints). Maybe the wrong side of mid-table on current form/personnel though. Burnley, Leicester, West Ham and a rejuvenated Palace could top us + the money 6.

What's interesting about that is that of those teams around us that might well pip us to Europa, none of them have spent big cash - they're doing it with precisely the qualities Moyes instilled but Martinez and Koeman could not maintain. And three of the four are managed by British managers.

Thought I would avoid GoT yesterday, didn't want to antagonise anyone.

Was pleased with the 76k attendance and the atmosphere was actually quite good for a change.

Thought the Everton fans deserved better.

As has been mentioned, if we score early it greatly increases our chances of winning which proved to be the case.

Rooney and Kane both offside obviously but whether those decisions would have made a difference to the end result im not really sure.

Really important few games coming up for us now if we want to get the Wenger trophy.

Was pleased with the 76k attendance and the atmosphere was actually quite good for a change.

As has been mentioned, if we score early it greatly increases our chances of winning which proved to be the case.

Rooney and Kane both offside obviously but whether those decisions would have made a difference to the end result im not really sure.

Really important few games coming up for us now if we want to get the Wenger trophy.

..well played, Fella. Although Spurs were on easy street, their movement and quality was too much. Son was brilliant in those 20mins after the break. It was a stroll in the end.

Nah you've got a really good team I sensed we'd get a hiding yesterday morning ! You're a different class to us

Burnley, Huddersfield, Palace have all beaten top 4 teams, never mind top 7. It’s that mentality that encapsulates this whole Club....inferiority complex and losers.
i know. But given the state we are in, sub seven clubs are our source of survival.
I completly agree with you. I just don't expect anything, against a team like spurs.

The mentality has never been worse, in the club. Not to speak of, the LB and striker problem.

I see the problem comming from the top down. Starting from the owner.

Very worrying situation we are in, I think the manager made the right noises after the game in calling the players out, but only so much can be done with such a poor group. Our form over the last five league games would see us in 20th position.

Rotten performance against a very good Spurs side. They might have won regardless but we shouldn't have made it as easy as we did...

Not sure what Allardyce was thinking with his team selection and substitutions really.

Martina isn't a very good right back and that's his natural position, why on earth would he be any use on the left? Then to have Gylfi be his support/cover...? I lost track of the amount of times the Martina/Gylfi combo was found completely out of position allowing Aurier to have probably one of the easiest games he'll ever have.

The only positive after that shambles was that Tosun looks really quite promising. Should never have been brought off as he provided the only nuisance we had in Spurs' half.

Well played yesterday. 4 nil flattered us, not spurs.

Love watching Son play, cracking player and the type we sadly lack. As for kane, he was quite poor but still bagged 2 (albeit fortunate with the first). That is the difference.

Sam OUT

'Think we just need an all Evertonian team born and bread who believes in Everton. not for just what they get paid.'
- Caroline Favager, Facebook

lollollol

I'm pretty tired of how the rules get applied differently to different teams. Dembele broke up 3 attacks with intentional fouling and escaped without a yellow and Jags predictably was booked first time. Then you have the lineman eagle eye catching Rooney a half yard off but the same guy can't catch Kane being off. It seems to happen every week to somebody in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.