Match Thread Spurs v Everton Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allardyce said, 'But for Jordan Pickford they could have had more, so I'm hugely disappointed in the professionalism of my players today. I think it's really out of order that you relinquish that responsibility just cos you've gone 2-0 down one minute into the second half… there's still another 44 minutes plus injury time to play, and play your way back into the game like you did in the first half.'

Yes, Sam, but you have to admit that your preparation for the game had failed after 46 minutes. Why should they have confidence in your game plan any longer?

In the last six games, we've scored two goals and gained two points. Why should we have confidence in your game plan any longer?

Before the game, whilst our boys where playing a bit of friendly keep ball with each other the Spurs players were running quick counter attacking drills down both wings. Bloody impressive to watch and all 4 goals came from similar attacks – not sure if that was something they worked on just for this game or if it’s a normal warm up they do but different class. I don’t like being in awe of any team we play but it’s difficult not to be impressed with, and very jealous of what they have.

I think we have seen since moyes left just how good he actually was for us, on a budget that more or less did not exist.

Moyes was superb for us. I hate seeing his tenure with us retrospectively downgraded, especially since a succession of managers have since failed, despite having access to a budget many times the size of any he ever got

I think we have seen since moyes left just how good he actually was for us, on a budget that more or less did not exist.

Everybody had a smaller budget then. But his record against the Big Four showed how far behind them we lagged.

Now we have a Big Six. And we are even further behind.

It doesn't matter. Just do it anyway.
He has shown he can get the best out of players. My Bolton supporter friend says hoofball reputation inspired by media due to Wenger comments. He or anyone needs to change a number of players. Get rid of the ones who will not try or not good enough. Sacking him will further delay sorting it out. Patience needed.

He has shown he can get the best out of players. My Bolton supporter friend says hoofball reputation inspired by media due to Wenger comments. He or anyone needs to change a number of players. Get rid of the ones who will not try or not good enough. Sacking him will further delay sorting it out. Patience needed.

Hoofball reputation inspired by playing percentage football - missing out midfield and kicking long balls up to a physically strong centre forward.

Hoofball reputation inspired by playing percentage football - missing out midfield and kicking long balls up to a physically strong centre forward.
You Can't blame him for a shambles accrued since Martinez first season. Actually I correct myself. Since Martinez imposed his style over Moyes completely. Season two.

You Can't blame him for a shambles accrued since Martinez first season. Actually I correct myself. Since Martinez imposed his style over Moyes completely. Season two.

I am not blaming Allardyce for the shambles before he arrived.

I am blaming him for three games on the trot without a single shot on target.

The fans deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.