Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing for me is if you watch the u23s it is good football that they play and they play it don't matter who is available. Last season they had DCL Niasse and Davies available in the first half and then continued to play well once they were unavailable around January. Plus Unsworth is unafraid to play our talented young players and people like that. If Dyche is the option I'd keep Unsworth around unless he doesn't get results

The difference between u23 and senior is huge. He has done fantastic at that level but all I am saying is lets comment in a month or so, not after a defeat and a couple of press conferences.

So are you basing your judgement on Unsworths progress as our U23 manager?

Stubbs done alright at that level too, where is he now?

The difference between u23 and senior is huge. He has done fantastic at that level but all I am saying is lets comment in a month or so, not after a defeat and a couple of press conferences.

So are you basing your judgement on Unsworths progress as our U23 manager?

Stubbs done alright at that level too, where is he now?
1. Stubbs did not do nearly as well. As you said he did alright Unsworth has been much better than that.
2. There isn't anything else to base it on at the moment but he's done well enough there that we should see what he can do at senior level instead of rushing in to appointing another bang average manager. If it was Tuchel or someone of a higher level then go ahead and get them in.
3. Yes we lost but it was by far the best performance in months. When was the last time we played close to that well?

1. Stubbs did not do nearly as well. As you said he did alright Unsworth has been much better than that.
2. There isn't anything else to base it on at the moment but he's done well enough there that we should see what he can do at senior level instead of rushing in to appointing another bang average manager. If it was Tuchel or someone of a higher level then go ahead and get them in.
3. Yes we lost but it was by far the best performance in months. When was the last time we played close to that well?

It was a good 45 minutes. Lets see what happens tomorrow and so forth, we cannot form an opinion just yet.

I can never understand why people expect to judge a manager over a handful of games , to me even if he goes out and wins the next six matches it proves nothing.
Unsworth needs to go out and get experience at a smaller club but with us leaving the door open for a possible return.
I would be looking at Tuchel or Anchelloti or even Dyche but would not go near Fat Sam or Howe.

Fat Sam can keep us up and do a job for us until Fraudhad and Kenwrong get their planning approval and sell us on
I would not rule Alladyce out just yet

Koeman did not choose to play such a poor formation. The problem was that the club failed to sign a centre forward. Whoever is responsible for transfers should take the blame.

We will now have to persevere without a centre forward until January. So our position is likely to get worse before the end of the year - but don't blame Unsworth or whoever is in charge then.

It will be unfair to judge any manager's style on our play in the first half of the season. Our success in the second half depends upon who we can persuade to come here.

Our miserable position will not help our cause. We may be reduced to looking at a veteran like Crouch or a reserve like Vokes. I am not optimistic.

get in the bin lads

I think a lot of people do not understand the serious situation we are in. We are relegation fodder, what manager or player can we expect to sign
in January, a mere eight weeks away in our current position? I think an `interim` manager, Allardyce or similar is exactly what we need.
That said I hope Unsworth does well and reverses our slide
Who would have thought Fraudhad would have had us in this position when he bought in ?

I think a lot of people do not understand the serious situation we are in. We are relegation fodder, what manager or player can we expect to sign
in January, a mere eight weeks away in our current position? I think an `interim` manager, Allardyce or similar is exactly what we need.
That said I hope Unsworth does well and reverses our slide
Who would have thought Fraudhad would have had us in this position when he bought in ?

Unsworth will most likely get these next two games in the league and Lyon away as a minimum. Hypothetically speaking (and it’s a big hypothetical I don’t deny), if we lose all three, most crucially the two in the league, I think it would be safe to say we’re in big trouble this season; if we aren’t already. If anyone doubts the potential threat of a relegation battle, let’s see where we’re at when the players join up with their countries.

For whatever qualities and potential Unsworth possesses, I fear for him (and I would fear for an experienced manager as well) when it comes to managing us from the end of the next international break through till new year. That is an absolutely relentless period of football with a very unbalanced squad that won’t be able to be fixed until January. We’re already located at the wrong end of the table and probably low on confidence as well.

It’s incredibly risky to expect Unsworth to guide us through till January. Let’s just see how he does these next few games and decide decisively for a change during the international break. As I said, if we lose them and don’t improve our league position and I can see a lot of the fanbase becoming potentially more receptive to someone like Allardyce. We don’t have to like it, but sometimes needs must. Whoever manages us next is fighting fires with a super soaker until January anyway so we shouldn’t expect much.

ANY manager taking over is going to have the same immediate problem:
Most of our first team defenders are squad players at best.
Past their sell by date. With respect Jags, Williams and Baines.

Yes. We lost the goals of Rom, but the successful teams traditionally fix the back first and build from there.
Pickford. Great signing. Keane an improvement on the old guard.

Dyche or anybody else will struggle to stop this current squad leaking goals.
Tescos are marketing a new sieve 'more holes than an Everton defence'.

Point being, any new man needs a free pass to the transfer window, which will be nightmare when teams know you are desperate.
May as well leve the job with Unsy as a new man has major issues ahead and a fanbase a long time drained of tolerence.

Just putting it out there.

get in the bin lads
You did read my post lad?if rhino doesnt get the necessary points in board by jan it will be a smart call to get big sam in. You can think of someone with more experience with keeping teams in the premier when all hope is lost?. Because ill be interested in hearing your choice in jan if we have not add a significant number of points to our current tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.