Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a long term fix S dyche is not that....

Would like to see D. Wagner or Marco Silva be given a go at this club, they offer something different & could take us on to thee next level imo.

Good luck to Unsworth but can't see him taking us any further I am afraid, Everton need a different direction & the two managers I have mentioned above could give us just that..

Funny really how Dyche has done a great job at Burnley over a number of seasons but you would rather take two foreign managers who have been here 5 minutes. I'm not saying Dyche is the answer to Everton's problems but i don't think we should get trapped into the whole we need a foreign manager to progress us. Just look what happened to the last two.

Every year Dyche has improved Burnley and on a shoe string as well. Just because he isn't some fancy name, people turn their noses up. Above all i want what is best for Everton Football Club and if that means Dyche at the moment, then so be it.

His team plays some dire football. No team our size should ever think of hiring a manager who no one to this day can explain what sort of football his team play going forward. Don't understand how a manager that finished 16th last season plus has been relegated a few years before has any kind of hype, mind you, all that while playing the sort of football that Pulis gets pummeled for. All this nonsense about them not being able to sign players is just that, nonsense. Lots of players around the world would kill to play in the Premiership.

Would better players sign for him? I don't know. But the previous administration couldn't sign a centre forward after we had enjoyed a good season. I can't imagine who will be willing to sign for us in January.

The reason "better" players do not sign for Dyche is that Burnley have a strict wage ceiling rumoured to be £40k-a-week. For this reason, most of the players signed are top-end Championship (Hendrick/Brady/Wood) with the occasional fading veteran like Joey Barton who was willing to take a big reduction on the money he was getting at QPR (£80k-a-week).

If a club was willing to pay £100k-a-week like Bournemouth (Defoe) & Palace (Benteke), I am sure Dyche would be able to sign these types.

I would like Unsworth to win all his matches and be given a chance to the end of the season. The team needs a change of managerial style and a boost of energy and confidence and Unsworth provides all that.

If Unsworth fails to convince then Dyche or the bloke at Bournemouth would be fine. They both have proved themselves by bringing small enterprises up to higher level and just as importantly look to be shrewd operators in the transfer markets. Why people think that flying in some bloke from Germany or elsewhere who could not find Liverpool on the map would be a good idea beats me.

Why people think that flying in some bloke from Germany or elsewhere who could not find Liverpool on the map would be a good idea beats me.

Why wouldn't people? How about winning?

The last 5 Champions of England were managed by 2 Italians, a Portuguese, a Chilean, and a Scotsman.

In that same timeframe 21 CL places were managed by 1 Scotsman and 1 Englishman.

I am not trying to make any case that an Englishman can't do a job or are in some way inferior. But I think it's pretty obvious why folks would be totally inbounds looking abroad.

Why wouldn't people? How about winning?

The last 5 Champions of England were managed by 2 Italians, a Portuguese, a Chilean, and a Scotsman.

In that same timeframe 21 CL places were managed by 1 Scotsman and 1 Englishman.

I am not trying to make any case that an Englishman can't do a job or are in some way inferior. But I think it's pretty obvious why folks would be totally inbounds looking abroad.
It's just denial. British managers have been proven for years and years to be tactically inept, there's a reason Sir Alex wasn't coaching his own teams. He himself used to have a strong foreign influence on the coaching of his sides from since the early 00's. Look at what's happened when these guys have been given big jobs recently. Dalgish wasted pound after pound at pool, Moyes made a mess of things at United, Hughes was given an open checkbook and he thought city wanted to be the richest plucky underdogs in the history of the league, Sherwood couldn't last at Spurs. No one should ever mention the Neville bro's stint at Valencia. Football is moving forward but these guys aren't, then they are shocked when they get the sack.

Dyche isn't a big name or one with fancy ideas. But he would be solid. Whether he's the answer or not I don't know but I'd definitely have him ahead of silva, howe,wagner, moyes or allardyce
Do you not watch Watford play? how can anyone really prefer to see the football that Burnley player rather than the football that Watford play?

It's just denial. British managers have been proven for years and years to be tactically inept, there's a reason Sir Alex wasn't coaching his own teams. He himself used to have a strong foreign influence on the coaching of his sides from since the early 00's. Look at what's happened when these guys have been given big jobs recently. Dalgish wasted pound after pound at pool, Moyes made a mess of things at United, Hughes was given an open checkbook and he thought city wanted to be the richest plucky underdogs in the history of the league, Sherwood couldn't last at Spurs. No one should ever mention the Neville bro's stint at Valencia. Football is moving forward but these guys aren't, then they are shocked when they get the sack.

Nah...it's not denial. It's more of the weird 'nationalism' that is going on in the world. It's just veiled prejudice at the end of the day. Weird times we live in.

Nah...it's not denial. It's more of the weird 'nationalism' that is going on in the world. It's just veiled prejudice at the end of the day. Weird times we live in.
nothing to do with racism - it's a fact that we've been recently burnt by two foreign mercenaries who have both gouged the club for every penny they can get while leaving us in a state of total disarray on both occasions.

For me Tuchel would very likely be a repeat of that particularly as he would only come, like Koeman, for a kings ransom.

nothing to do with racism - it's a fact that we've been recently burnt by two foreign mercenaries who have both gouged the club for every penny they can get while leaving us in a state of total disarray on both occasions.

For me Tuchel would very likely be a repeat of that particularly as he would only come, like Koeman, for a kings ransom.

Typical fear mongering. Nationalist play book stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.