Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I don't want Dyche to come to Everton but what would he give you if he did?

I see the comparisons with Moyes, if you seen Moyes in press conferences last year he had given up the ghost as soon as he took the Sunderland job. Giving the most negative press conferences you will see. Even when Burnley hadn't won for the first 10 games of his first prem season he never buckled and backed the players highlighting his trust for his players. No contest in that respect.

The football isn't everyone's cup of tea and at times we all wish we could ping it around like City or Barcelona, but the truth is Burnley can't attract any players above the championship. Apart from Defour who we hijacked from a move to some middle eastern league and Jack Cork who wasn't in Swansea's plans. So we are doing alright in that sense.

Mental strength is a big part of Dyche and since his arrival we have won or at least drawn every derby game against arch rivals Blackburn. Now some of you might not think that's a big thing with Rovers being as poor as they are now, but we hadn't beaten them in 35 years and they were a lot better team when he took over. I'm sure he would become a favourite if he achieved the same against Liverpool His first full season we were relegation favourites and after having to sell Charlie Austin (like a Lukaku in the championship) was a minor miracle with getting us the runners up spot. With some big clubs and parachute payments in the championship it could be said a big a task as breaking the top 6 in the prem.

His man management skills are second to none and after watching Koeman blame everyone but himself for your troubles would be a breath of fresh air. The sort of manager you would run through brickwalls for, players love him. Did anyone catch the interview last week with Ben Mee and Tarkowski where they said Dyche expects a player to take a ball in the face for his team? It happens quite often with nobody allowed to turn their backs on a shot. Maybe basic to some but modern players won't do that for many managers in the game these days.

It would only take a decent CF with Coleman and Bolasie back for Dyche to transform you as he would sort that defense out in two minutes.

Anyway I hope you get Tuchel as it could bring another good footballing manager into the prem.

Good luck for the rest of the season as I like my trips to Goodison. A proper football ground.

We need a long term fix S dyche is not that....

Would like to see D. Wagner or Marco Silva be given a go at this club, they offer something different & could take us on to thee next level imo.

Good luck to Unsworth but can't see him taking us any further I am afraid, Everton need a different direction & the two managers I have mentioned above could give us just that..

Obviously I don't want Dyche to come to Everton but what would he give you if he did?

I see the comparisons with Moyes, if you seen Moyes in press conferences last year he had given up the ghost as soon as he took the Sunderland job. Giving the most negative press conferences you will see. Even when Burnley hadn't won for the first 10 games of his first prem season he never buckled and backed the players highlighting his trust for his players. No contest in that respect.

The football isn't everyone's cup of tea and at times we all wish we could ping it around like City or Barcelona, but the truth is Burnley can't attract any players above the championship. Apart from Defour who we hijacked from a move to some middle eastern league and Jack Cork who wasn't in Swansea's plans. So we are doing alright in that sense.

Mental strength is a big part of Dyche and since his arrival we have won or at least drawn every derby game against arch rivals Blackburn. Now some of you might not think that's a big thing with Rovers being as poor as they are now, but we hadn't beaten them in 35 years and they were a lot better team when he took over. I'm sure he would become a favourite if he achieved the same against Liverpool His first full season we were relegation favourites and after having to sell Charlie Austin (like a Lukaku in the championship) was a minor miracle with getting us the runners up spot. With some big clubs and parachute payments in the championship it could be said a big a task as breaking the top 6 in the prem.

His man management skills are second to none and after watching Koeman blame everyone but himself for your troubles would be a breath of fresh air. The sort of manager you would run through brickwalls for, players love him. Did anyone catch the interview last week with Ben Mee and Tarkowski where they said Dyche expects a player to take a ball in the face for his team? It happens quite often with nobody allowed to turn their backs on a shot. Maybe basic to some but modern players won't do that for many managers in the game these days.

It would only take a decent CF with Coleman and Bolasie back for Dyche to transform you as he would sort that defense out in two minutes.

Anyway I hope you get Tuchel as it could bring another good footballing manager into the prem.

Good luck for the rest of the season as I like my trips to Goodison. A proper football ground.

Good that cheers for the insight.

I was at the game and thought your boys put in a defensive masterclass against us at Goodison this season. Your whole team seemed to get more and more strong and confident as the game went on. In fact all the games we've played against Burnley you've looked solid defensively.

Michael Keane seems to be struggling a bit for us at the moment despite starting fairly well, do you think it's just a case of being patient and waiting for him to get his confidence up and for him to come good for us, or do you think he was a bit of a waste of money?

Good luck to you too

We need a long term fix S dyche is not that....

Would like to see D. Wagner or Marco Silva be given a go at this club, they offer something different & could take us on to thee next level imo.

Good luck to Unsworth but can't see him taking us any further I am afraid, Everton need a different direction & the two managers I have mentioned above could give us just that..

This is pretty typical- yeh get the foreign coach in because hes done a decent job for 5 minutes and forget about the unfashionable, weird sounding English bloke.

Michael Keane is a cracking player in the right system but that's built on teammates helping you out.

Burnley train as if every defender will make a mistake or the keeper will knock it back into a danger area. The results are they react quicker to helping each other out.

Michael Keane seems to be struggling a bit for us at the moment despite starting fairly well, do you think it's just a case of being patient and waiting for him to get his confidence up and for him to come good for us, or do you think he was a bit of a waste of money?

Keane is classy, can pass well and has decent pace for a defender but a lot of his success the last 2 seasons was down to unsung central defensive partner Ben Mee who does the dirty, unglamorous work and is willing to put his head in where it hurts. I am confident Keane will be an excellent buy once he has the right partner (ideally a left-footer like Mee) alongside him. Mee is ex-Man City U18 FA Youth Cup-winning captain and would probably be at a top-six club but for his lack of inches 5ft 11in and sometimes iffy distribution.

Keane is classy, can pass well and has decent pace for a defender but a lot of his success the last 2 seasons was down to unsung central defensive partner Ben Mee who does the dirty, unglamorous work and is willing to put his head in where it hurts. I am confident Keane will be an excellent buy once he has the right partner (ideally a left-footer like Mee) alongside him. Mee is ex-Man City U18 FA Youth Cup-winning captain and would probably be at a top-six club but for his lack of inches 5ft 11in and sometimes iffy distribution.

mee is really underrated. he is/was a big part of why keane looked good for burnley. was a good player for our youth team. keane looks a good player, but needs a better partner.

Great post. Enyjoyed the in sight. I for one voted yes.

I just think he is a moyes mk II, another yard dog defender who has one style of play, as has already been said, I don't think the "imagine what they could do with money" argument works with moyes, dyche et al, as they will always play the style they know, like every time Allardyce gets a bigger job (England/Newcastle) where they expect more than backs to the wall scrapping for points, it just does not work

same argument could be said for unsworth, but at least we aren't having to pay to get him and give him a 3/5 year contract

Yes, Burnley did get relegated in 214/15. Dyche is a manager, not a magician.

Back in the Championship, Burnley were not only top scorers, they also had the best goal difference.

That suggests a reasonably balanced style of play for Burnley and seems a reasonable qualification for Dyche.
2015/16 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
Burnley 46 26 15 5 72 35 +37 93
2 Middlesbrough 46 26 11 9 63 31 +32 89
3 Brighton & Hove Albion 46 24 17 5 72 42 +30 89
4 Hull City 46 24 11 11 69 35 +34 83
5 Derby County 46 21 15 10 66 43 +23 78
6 Sheffield Wednesday 46 19 17 10 66 45 +21 74

I'm not particularly trying to make a case for him, I'm just pointing out that the main case against him seems to be that people either don't like his voice or don't like his appearance. Objections on football grounds are simply that he is untested at a higher level.

Would better players sign for him? I don't know. But the previous administration couldn't sign a centre forward after we had enjoyed a good season. I can't imagine who will be willing to sign for us in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.