Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

No deals are going to materialise until Thursday if at all.

Pointless now getting into unnecessary panic and worry.

I'm sure they are doing all they can notwithstanding that Lukaku should have been replaced much earlier.

There is just a natural gravity towards having to wait now, nothing we can do but wait.

Judgement can be made after the window "slams" shut.

But what will all the cry-arses cry about?

Don't get me wrong, I'll be upset if by Thursday we don't have a target-man in place. But all the moaning suggesting we've had no plan or that we waited until yesterday to start looking for a non-Giroud striker sound bat-S insane. All summer, we and everyone else have been navigating through one of the most pronounced sellers markets that I can remember. There's a reason JONNY FREAKING EVANS is about to go for 30m. Jonny Evans. Let that sink in.

So why is anyone surprised that literally the position with the lowest supply and some of the highest demand has been difficult to secure in this current market? People act like Everton ought to be able to push a button when you've either got strikers like Giroud with a remarkable lack of ambition for playing time (usually its the exact opposite) or clubs that have simply said no. Other than Giroud, Everton have secured every other priority target they had. As is usually the case, the thing that often breaks the gridlock on stuff like this is the end of the window. And if we end up with no one, of course that's still a failure and a big misstep in an otherwise encouraging summer. But can we please stop acting like this was some easy thing that Everton just decided not to get around to until it was too late? That line of thinking simply doesn't square with the planning and successes of the rest of our window.

I'm not upset about anything. I even clarified the point I was making by putting an exaggerated 'if' to highlight that I was talking hypothetically.

I'm merely pointing out that those jumping to absolve the manager of all blame (and therefore putting the blame on someone else) without actually knowing whether they're justified in doing so seems rather silly to me.
Of course none of us will ever know the innermost workings of our club but every indicator of the information we do have access to points to Koeman shouldering little if any of the blame. I wonder if you'd be as vehement in your critique of those "absolving" him if we hadn't just rolled over at Chelsea. It seems like a flimsy stick to beat the manager with.

Also thanks for ignoring the part where you confidently claim no manager is ever involved with negotiations. That's part of the reason for directors of football, spread out the temptations and less managers will be corrupted by the brown envelopes they get offered.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be upset if by Thursday we don't have a target-man in place. But all the moaning suggesting we've had no plan or that we waited until yesterday to start looking for a non-Giroud striker sound bat-S insane. All summer, we and everyone else have been navigating through one of the most pronounced sellers markets that I can remember. There's a reason JONNY FREAKING EVANS is about to go for 30m. Jonny Evans. Let that sink in.

So why is anyone surprised that literally the position with the lowest supply and some of the highest demand has been difficult to secure in this current market? People act like Everton ought to be able to push a button when you've either got strikers like Giroud with a remarkable lack of ambition for playing time (usually its the exact opposite) or clubs that have simply said no. Other than Giroud, Everton have secured every other priority target they had. As is usually the case, the thing that often breaks the gridlock on stuff like this is the end of the window. And if we end up with no one, of course that's still a failure and a big misstep in an otherwise encouraging summer. But can we please stop acting like this was some easy thing that Everton just decided not to get around to until it was too late? That line of thinking simply doesn't square with the planning and successes of the rest of our window.

Oh OK then

Wishful thinking here.

Every transfer from this point in can implicate us if a new signing forces someone else further down the pecking order.

Schick to Roma is being done - Perhaps frees up Dzeko.

Arsenal not budging with Sanchez, but if they offered Aguero then Giroud would probably want out.

Loads of action and it won't stop right up until the end. People need to be patient and manage their expectations. Can't see us settling for Dirge. Let's hope the stars align for FC Sexy. x

Status
Not open for further replies.