Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have 48 hours from tomorrow this is Everton mate ya know lol

upload_2017-8-29_15-37-59.png

Of course, but you still need your striker to score 10-15 goals a season. The likes of a Giroud/Dzeko or even a Slimani/Benteke would do that for us. Not convinced this lad would.
And one of those 4 might just do so, we've still got a couple days left.

I was really warming to the Slimani idea. Still think that one makes the most sense across the board, unless Benteke really does submit a TR.

As for this Zohore, I hadn't even heard of him and £30m is being thrown about?

Probably says more about my knowledge of Cardiff City than his ability, but transfer fees going around now make Lukaku's look increasingly value for money - as most of us said would happen.

Except we actually did get that money for Lukaku. All good Cardiff saying they want that much but they ain't getting it.

End of the day our deal for Lukaku was worth £100m in total. That's the right amount and a good deal for us. The Dembele and Coutinho fees are only because Barca are completely desperate.

He'd be blameless in that he doesn't deal with transfers.

He has a hand in helping put together the list but in the sense of sitting down and getting the deals done it has little to do with him.

That's the point I'm making people are seemingly glossing over.

Well he has repeatedly said he's not privy to negotiations and he gives his targets and it's up to the board. There have been times this summer when asked about signings he's said "I have to talk to the board" ...
All three of you just gloss over what I actually said though.

Firstly he 'has a hand in helping' to identify targets? Seriously? You think Steve Walsh walked in and said 'Look Ronny hear me out, I've seen these lads called Stekelenburg and Martina who I think could do us a job' and it just so happened that the manager had previously worked with them? Give me a break.

Of course he's not involved in the detailed negotiations, no manager is. But if his list of targets was a) Morata b) Lacazette c) Giroud can we really blame the board for not managing to get one of them? If Walsh has gone to him and said what about Dembele, Jiminez etc but Koeman has said no keep trying for Giroud instead then that is a major factor isn't it.

I'm not saying any of these things have happened, it just seems a little precious to be immediately jumping in saying 'it's absolutely nothing to do with Koeman whatsoever' when in reality you have no idea what's happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.