Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours have been deeply. As recently as Moyes. It's why Pulis is looked at sideways because he is heavily involved and some people think corrupted. Allardyce is another one.

I really can't tell if it's just bait or lunacy as you later say

"Not saying any of these things have happened" and yet you're getting upset about them ...
I'm not upset about anything. I even clarified the point I was making by putting an exaggerated 'if' to highlight that I was talking hypothetically.

I'm merely pointing out that those jumping to absolve the manager of all blame (and therefore putting the blame on someone else) without actually knowing whether they're justified in doing so seems rather silly to me.

Oh no of course not.

He has a huge hand in identifying said targets - and as you correctly point out the final decision on whether we do go for said targets will be his. But it's not that he deals with getting the deals done himself.

As far as I'm concerned, Koeman is responsible for what happens on the pitch and providing the people who deal with transfers a template for what he wants - whether that be a certain type of player (I believe Sandro is an example of this) or an exact player (Gylfi is an example of this).

Koeman is to blame for his poor tactics at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. He isn't to blame for us potentially not getting a deal for a striker done (which hasn't happened yet either way).
But that would depend on what the issue was surely?

If he's said get me Giroud and we've had talks but won't cover his wages then that's on the board. If the final decision - which you've acknowledged is his - is not to go for a specific player, then that's on him. That's all I'm saying here, that to say Koeman has absolutely nothing to do with us signing someone is utter tripe.

There's no way that's how this work.

Koeman doesn't direct Steve Walsh. He may suggest to Walsh, but his idea that Koeman is over him in any way in terms of getting and evaluating players is silly. They've said they agree on players. But Walsh is identifying, scouting, and finding a heck of a lot more players than the ones Ronnie has suggested to him.
Be ace if that was anything like what I'd said.

No deals are going to materialise until Thursday if at all.

Pointless now getting into unnecessary panic and worry.

I'm sure they are doing all they can notwithstanding that Lukaku should have been replaced much earlier.

There is just a natural gravity towards having to wait now, nothing we can do but wait.

Judgement can be made after the window "slams" shut.

"We really were confident of getting Perez, Sissoko Koulibaly" etc were all the excuses, even from Moshiri last summer.

Have a list, set deadlines, move on through the list.

A tremendous start in the window has really been soured.

Bonkers and ridiculous to reach this stage without trying to replace Lukaku.

We've done fairly well with our recruitment this summer but the shine really does come off at this point knowing we're going to be having a last-minute scramble for a quality striker.

There's little excuse for it given the time they have had to bring someone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.