Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
this convo was about our cast offs tbh, so lescott and stones shouldn't really be included. We have fringe players definitely more talented than those mentioned above. Ibe was just as bad as pennington, for example, yet went for £15m. If we sold pennington i bet we'd accept for about half a mil at most.
Are you suggesting that we could hold out for £15m for Pennington?

If you are then you're utterly bonkers, if you're not then your point kind of falls down. Liverpool got £15m for Ibe because a Premier League manager (wrongly in my opinion) believed he was a really good young player who may go on to be a full international. Nobody thought that about Conor Mcaleny so we had to let him go for free. It's not about what we accept, it's about a demand in the market.

Llorente interest from Chelsea may have cooled since they got Morata , two similar players (aside from the gulf in class obviously)

maybe you answered you're own question. I think he has his sights higher than us tbh.

Indeed he has but since after Roma no one went for him could have been a chance for us to land him. Really needed a left sided AM/Winger. Can't see it happening now since we already have a million AMs.

Oumar Niasse is a target for Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace – both of whom are desperate to increase their options up front – but a deal has so far proved problematic because Everton are demanding a £10m fee for him and that he leave on a permanent basis. Brighton have made two offers for the Senegal striker, both loans with an option to buy at the end of the season, with the latest involving a loan fee of £750,000. Palace have not made an official offer. Niasse, who is under contract at Everton to 2020, spent the second-half of last season on loan at Hull City, where he scored five goals. He continues to be given the deep-freeze treatment by Ronald Koeman, the Everton manager, who does not rate him; Niasse has been barred from first-team training and is working with the club’s Under-23s.

this convo was about our cast offs tbh, so lescott and stones shouldn't really be included. We have fringe players definitely more talented than those mentioned above. Ibe was just as bad as pennington, for example, yet went for £15m. If we sold pennington i bet we'd accept for about half a mil at most.

To be fair, I was shocked at how little we got for McGeady and basically gave away Nathan Holland (who west hammer fans have been raving about) and Ledson etc

Since Sky pay the clubs a shed load of money, the clubs hold the news back and announce it late so they can get maximum exposure and sky get the "drama" of transfer deadline day.

80% of the deals that go through on deadline day are just a case of crossing the t's and dotting the i's

You telling me that we have signed a striker and played 3 games without one, because we want to wait till D day so we can tell jim white and get more drama ?

Status
Not open for further replies.