Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abdennour is a very interesting shout @Eggs but surely a jet would be sent buying a player rather than getting rid (no Oumar jokes!). Can't think of any of ours likely to go there, unless its something very left field like Tarashaj.
Someone from one of or neighbour's being offloaded? Probably not James Norwood from Tranmere?

Yeah, I agree and to be honest my first thought was they were after origi. Seeing as he is available, by all accounts. Since people have mentioned abdennour I have read reports saying that valencia are desperate to get rid of him. So maybe thats why?

The RS always get good money for their cast offs. Look at what they got from Bournemouth for Ibe and sold some no mark Stewart to Hull for £7.5m this summer. Also got £5m for an aging Lucas and a similar amount for Andre Wisdom who has never amounted to anything. Last year, in addition to getting the silly money for Ibe, they also received £4m for Jerome Sinclair and a similar amount for the Spanish teenager Canos who they sold to Norwich.

These lads are products of Liverpool youth system who, apart from Ibe, have never really shown much. What do we ever get for our youth players who don't make it into the first team.? Highly respected Ryan Ledson went for apparent buttons. Likewise Nathan Holland who went to West Ham. Duffus, Long, Lundstrum and McAleny have also all gone for nominal or on a free. These players were no better/worse than some of the RS players mentioned.

Most of the current crop of young players won't make it at Everton, but will have good professional careers. It's important that we start to get good value for these players when they leave the club. At the moment the likes of Galloway, Browning, Pennington, Garbutt, Grant, Tanashaj, Walsh, Connolly, Dyson, Jones etc all have big question marks over their future at Everton. Play our cards right and we could bring in as much as £50m for these players

But we got £8m for Cleverley, £24m for Lescott, £48m for Stones and we might get £10m back from Niasse! Not too bad.

same for the players he's being compared with No?
That would depend on who they are,which wasn't mentioned in the post.But I think most would agree for a big lad he's poor in the air.And if you look at the video montage of last seasons goals he doesn't score a header while under any sort of physical challenge.Don't get me wrong I loved him while he was here,but his lack of ariel prowess will stop him from being a true world class striker.Anyway on with finding his replacement...

The RS always get good money for their cast offs. Look at what they got from Bournemouth for Ibe and sold some no mark Stewart to Hull for £7.5m this summer. Also got £5m for an aging Lucas and a similar amount for Andre Wisdom who has never amounted to anything. Last year, in addition to getting the silly money for Ibe, they also received £4m for Jerome Sinclair and a similar amount for the Spanish teenager Canos who they sold to Norwich.

These lads are products of Liverpool youth system who, apart from Ibe, have never really shown much. What do we ever get for our youth players who don't make it into the first team.? Highly respected Ryan Ledson went for apparent buttons. Likewise Nathan Holland who went to West Ham. Duffus, Long, Lundstrum and McAleny have also all gone for nominal or on a free. These players were no better/worse than some of the RS players mentioned.

Most of the current crop of young players won't make it at Everton, but will have good professional careers. It's important that we start to get good value for these players when they leave the club. At the moment the likes of Galloway, Browning, Pennington, Garbutt, Grant, Tanashaj, Walsh, Connolly, Dyson, Jones etc all have big question marks over their future at Everton. Play our cards right and we could bring in as much as £50m for these players

Spot on, one reason they get big bucks for their cast offs is the name of the club.

Vincent Jansen on the move apparently.

I guess Steve and Ron don't rate him as a Centre forward then. Must mean they have some one else in mind then....well hope they have anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.