Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Bill out of the country for a coupla days, make the negotiations much easier. ;)
Somebody tell him they are doing a re-make of Joseph and his Technicolour Dreamcoat, in North Korea. He'll be over there in no time and will have no means of communicating with anybody at the club while he's there!

Here's an idea.

Why don't we give Niasse a go up front.
He is a proven premier league goal scorer after all and won't cost £30m.

But no, Ronkoe has already burnt that bridge and is too stubborn to change his mind.

I can see a situation developing where we let Niasse out on loan and then fail to get a better striker in ourselves.

This "enquiry" for Zohore, if true, seems to suggest that we don't really have a firm striker target yet. Also, the time it takes Everton to go from "enquiring" to "completion" is about 4-5 weeks, at best.
I would of thought it is an under 23 transfer, Unsworth still has his own agenda and I'd hope a bit to spend given recent success and player achievement

Here's an idea.

But no, Ronkoe has already burnt that bridge and is too stubborn to change his mind.

I can see a situation developing where we let Niasse out on loan and then fail to get a better striker in ourselves.
Oh god...

Get this man his medication quick!!

Think the idea was, when Rom left,was to share the goals, Koeman has never said he was looking to replace him, we need someone to hold the play up bring others into play, and lay it off, IMO.

Of course, but you still need your striker to score 10-15 goals a season. The likes of a Giroud/Dzeko or even a Slimani/Benteke would do that for us. Not convinced this lad would.

Here's an idea.

Can hear the desperation in your voice ..
Read what you just wrote and take a deep breath ....

As for this Zohore, I hadn't even heard of him and £30m is being thrown about?

Probably says more about my knowledge of Cardiff City than his ability, but transfer fees going around now make Lukaku's look increasingly value for money - as most of us said would happen.
Mate? Not you too :(

Here's an idea.

Niasse isn't the answer to anything and well you know it!

However, I am finding it amusing that we have scoured the top european leagues to find a striker that could fit in well and be what we are looking for, yet are now down to the wire and trying to pinch a championship striker from Cardiff who has managed to be selected 47 times in over 2 seasons.

Well he has repeatedly said he's not privy to negotiations and he gives his targets and it's up to the board. There have been times this summer when asked about signings he's said "I have to talk to the board" ...
And IF ANYTHING, several have noted their respect and interest in working with Koeman as their reason for wanting to come. Ronnie isn't the problem with our transfer dealings.

Status
Not open for further replies.