Sir David of Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a lot of stick after the Fulham game and people still think hes there for shots to be taken at. Hes the best Manager in the League, wouldnt swop him for ANYBODY in World Football.

I'd swap him for Wenger, mate.

But the lad has done well. He always bounces back. Always.

Just when I think he's spent up, he pulls it around again.

Let's hope this revival is gonna continue to the end of the season.

Feb is an awful month, some really tough games, im sure knees will be jerking all over the place. People saying his coaching is bad, people saying he needs to drop players, sell others.

I hope he wins something, not for us, for him, so he can be rightly remebered, he deserves a legacy.

FA cup would be nice, and the Europa would be better. But there are some cracking clubs left there in the latter

This run of form is nice, though. We're coming into our own during a time when other teams might well nosedive.

A top 8 finish has to be on the cards now.

Just keep going, Moyesie.

Well, if you look at the table, theres quite a big gap between "us" and Birmingham, I think its 6-7 points, we are gonna have to work really hard to claw that back, we can do it, without a doubt, but looking at the games in Feb, we will have to accept that we cant win them all.

Feb will make or break us.

Well, if you look at the table, theres quite a big gap between "us" and Birmingham, I think its 6-7 points, we are gonna have to work really hard to claw that back, we can do it, without a doubt, but looking at the games in Feb, we will have to accept that we cant win them all.

Feb will make or break us.

Birmingham and Fulham are reachable. Plus, Birmingham are doing what we've been accused of doing for the last few seasons. They are punching above their weight. They're nowhere near the class of the teams above them. I'm sure that we'll overtake them.

It's the gap between us and Liverpool and the others that seems just too much.

I reckon fourth isn't on the cards lol

The next two league games for Birmingham are Chelsea (A) and Spurs (H).

The next two for Everton are Sunderland (H) and Wigan (A).

I would expect maybe a point for Birmingham and hope that we can take six. That would put us within 2-points of them when we get to the derby.

Admittedly, after that we have a bitch of a calender.

I dont doubt we will catch them, its just gonna take time to watch any progress really. As I say, your looking at 3 games untill we can even think about catching Birmingham.

So thats Sunderland H, Wigan A, Liverpool A.

Then we gotta hope to maintain our form at Chelsea H, Utd H, Spurs A.

Tough games, all of them. In our current form, im gonna go for 5 wins and a draw.

In David Moyes we have the best young british manager! If you look at the club now and compare it to before he came in the PJ era it is a different place. its not all down to moyes cos he needed a chairman who would believe in him and back him with as much as he can! so BK needs a lot of praise too.

Moyes is all about the "everton way" and he has the club how it should be run. coaching the same way from young to old and get the best out of the players. We are lucky to have him and if he went we would see just how lucky. I wouldn't swap him for anyone, i think he will bring the prem trophy to us before he departs! In Moyes we trust!;)

He has a good eye with finding talent, his only problems is willing to used them, Coleman is the best recent example. He used to have problem with making substitution too late or making negative substitution. But finally he has learn his lesson and making substitution nice and early to give them time to make thing happen.

One thing has never change with Moyes, whenever we seem to be having a bad start to a season, he always find a solution to our problem, and we always seem to recover, the recent display is a perfect example.

To me, Moyes is a perfect manager for us, and I wouldn't swap him for anyone else.

I dont doubt we will catch them, its just gonna take time to watch any progress really. As I say, your looking at 3 games untill we can even think about catching Birmingham.

So thats Sunderland H, Wigan A, Liverpool A.

Then we gotta hope to maintain our form at Chelsea H, Utd H, Spurs A.

Tough games, all of them. In our current form, im gonna go for 5 wins and a draw.

The key thing tho is mate, most of those tough run of games are at home. If Gerrard and Torres are out of the derby at Anfield then I would fully expect us to get something out of the game there. I would say the same about Man United at Goodison, I really don't rate them at all this season, they only have one centre mid. Chelsea fair enough we will do well to get anything there, even at home. Spurs away is the one where we'll find out a lot about the rest of the season, they have been dominating almost everyone at WHL.

Basically I think we will get a lot more from the Liverpool and United games than we usually do, which may make all the difference in that run of difficult fixtures.

Dont get me wrong i love Moyesy but its a dangerous game we play being so dependent on one man as a buissness for me. What i would love is for the club to become more self sustainable and look at less volitile ways of creating revenue then rely soley on the success and skill of one employee, who after all works in a market were there is a high instance of job turnover either by sacking or poaching.

So to summerise Moyes is ace - but he has become more then just a football manager to Everton - hes a cash cow worth possibly 10s of millions on our balance sheet annually.

There is some validity to what you are saying, but you remember where we were when WS was shown the door. I'd rather have these problems than deal with climbing out of the Championship, as I am sure you do too. Moyes is here. Life is good. The glass is half-full.

Been around since HK3 now. I've had my share of the gloom and doom and want to enjoy the good times when they are here.

He has a good eye with finding talent, his only problems is willing to used them, Coleman is the best recent example. He used to have problem with making substitution too late or making negative substitution. But finally he has learn his lesson and making substitution nice and early to give them time to make thing happen.

One thing has never change with Moyes, whenever we seem to be having a bad start to a season, he always find a solution to our problem, and we always seem to recover, the recent display is a perfect example.

To me, Moyes is a perfect manager for us, and I wouldn't swap him for anyone else.
And each time we recover, our football gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.