Sir David of Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk - Everton FC - Everton FC News - Everton v Aston Villa: Why Goodison faithful want David Moyes to stay off the Chinese takeaways

A bit more in this.
The Goodison outfit are languishing in 14th place, although it was from that position exactly 12 months ago that Everton began their steady climb up the table before securing a successive fifth-place finish.
And Moyes says: “I can’t see this season as a lost cause. Our points total is very similar to this time last year. I get the feeling people will see our season as a lost cause because of the improvement by Manchester City, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Sunderland, but I can’t.
“Maybe, without knowing, we are in the process of building a new side. Maybe we are building again. The injured players might not be the same when they come back, who knows? We are in the throes of transition just now.
“It might well be that we finish mid-table but it would be wrong of me to have that as my ambition. My ambition is to finish as high as I possibly can. That hasn’t altered. We are the kind of footballing side that could easily go on a run and I hope that’s about to start.
“First of all I’ve got to get back to a side that is resilient and hard to beat, and much tougher to play against than we are at the moment. At the moment I think we are too easy to play against.”
The hectic schedule – Everton are coming towards the end of a period of seven games in 23 days – has meant there has been little time to work on regaining those obdurate traits.
“I’ll not make any excuses for it but where do you get the time between these last few games?” says Moyes. “The back four in the last few games, with Tony Hibbert having to play at left-back, is not the back four of the last few years. If we can get back to a resemblance of normality I would hope that would give us some stability.

At least he's honest, and recognises our deficiances.

Bit worrying about that injury bit though. How we've coped is beyond me.

Everything's been said about Moyes and it is going over old ground, but let's face facts.

He arrived from Preston North End in 2002 following a rather poor showing under Smith, and gradually and with some consistency established Everton as a top half team gradually molding the club into european berth contenders on a frequent basis, and has done a stellar job with a lack of resources and finances, he has been a breath of fresh air at Goodison after the suffocated times of Walter smith and Mike Walker, but the for all his attributes, and all the accolades going, no silverware has been forthcoming in the near eight years in his charge, of course there was the FA cup final, and it's no disgrace to lose to a side the caliber of Chelsea, and the same team beat Moyes to a league cup final a year or two back, he's a fine, determined individual, but football is a results business, and there will come a time when Moyes leaves either by fault or design if no trophies are forthcoming.

I will agree that he may well be the future Old trafford boss when Ferguson retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.