Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That as horrible. I knew we'd ultimately go nowhere with him as boss when he got a hard-on for Wigan players. Disgraceful it was!
Aye. Said it a few weeks ago we essentially took a relegated manager and took their best gk defender midfielder and striker. We took the spine of a relegated team and the manager and then wondered why we were doing do badly!

I'd like a new manager to assess the squad first, sell anyone that is being sold then start building with quality. Sign a keeper, striker, midfielder and actually look for talented ones and make a start from there. At least if it goes tits up we haven't got their former clubs players making it up.

Not saying I wouldn't want a former player, just don't build a spine out of them lol

....fair point but with the likely exit of so many players, if we have lined somebody up they might well have submitted a few names they'd like. It's reported that Klopp endorsed transfers last summer before he came in and I think this type of thing does happen.
Personally I think we are still about 2 weeks minimum from appointing a new manager. I don't think the club had one lined up per ce, as if we are chasing names like Jose or koeman then thst will take time. Plus there isn't any rush at the minute to get it sorted.

So if we are doing any deals it will be like the lad from Coventry for the academy. Completely separate from the first team and no first team potential just yet.

All my opinion though, be nice to get a new man in before I'm expecting one haha

Aye. Said it a few weeks ago we essentially took a relegated manager and took their best gk defender midfielder and striker. We took the spine of a relegated team and the manager and then wondered why we were doing do badly!

I'd like a new manager to assess the squad first, sell anyone that is being sold then start building with quality. Sign a keeper, striker, midfielder and actually look for talented ones and make a start from there. At least if it goes tits up we haven't got their former clubs players making it up.

Not saying I wouldn't want a former player, just don't build a spine out of them lol

For me Ajax players are okay but not those from Wigan. I mean the spine of a team. I don't trust Martinez when he came because he just took a PL team to relegation.

Well we didn't do badly that first season so stop talking nonsense. x

For me Ajax players are okay but not those from Wigan. I mean the spine of a team. I don't trust Martinez when he came because he just took a PL team to relegation.
What I mean is if De Boer comes in and signs a couple of Ajax players who are talented then great. But if he signed their keeper defender midfielder and striker and integrated them straight away into the first team then I'd be a bit more wary. There is talent in Ajax though so one or two could well be a good bit of business for the future. Klassen or their winger for arguments sake.

Well we didn't do badly that first season so stop talking nonsense. x

But we did after that?

And he only really added besic to the squad the following year , and correct me if I am wrong but out of the 4 players he signed from Wigan, the first three to 4 months of the season we had 2 of them in there this year , with a third stepping in a month later

What I mean is if De Boer comes in and signs a couple of Ajax players who are talented then great. But if he signed their keeper defender midfielder and striker and integrated them straight away into the first team then I'd be a bit more wary. There is talent in Ajax though so one or two could well be a good bit of business for the future. Klassen or their winger for arguments sake.

Will take Veltman and Klaassen.

If we had free dibs on Ajax I'd raid most of their team tbh. Milk is class, Bazoer will be at a Bayern/Madrid team one day, Klaasen is a good scoring midfielder, Tete is international quality RB, Riedewald is a highly rated CB and Cillessen is first choice Dutch keeper. Sure none have done it in the Prem but neither have most hits people sign these days.

Yes! And sign LEADERS. I would have absolutely no problem with a manager coming in, signing a new player and immediately giving him the armband. On a different topic would have been cool for Sunderland to go down, us sell Kone and Niasse and get Defoe in for two seasons as a backup / second striker. We need a new spine, hard knock defender, brilliant striker, creative midfield player... and then the rest.

And Stones came from Barnsley but I'm not sure Kayal and Knockheart are following in the same vein...

Fair one. Just saying no need to spend exorbitant money on ludicrous big names when the lower league could yield talent for less and with minimal risk.

If we had free dibs on Ajax I'd raid most of their team tbh. Milk is class, Bazoer will be at a Bayern/Madrid team one day, Klaasen is a good scoring midfielder, Tete is international quality RB, Riedewald is a highly rated CB and Cillessen is first choice Dutch keeper. Sure none have done it in the Prem but neither have most hits people sign these days.
Spurs have done great with 3 Ajax players Verthongen Alderweirald and Eriksen.

Yes! And sign LEADERS. I would have absolutely no problem with a manager coming in, signing a new player and immediately giving him the armband. On a different topic would have been cool for Sunderland to go down, us sell Kone and Niasse and get Defoe in for two seasons as a backup / second striker. We need a new spine, hard knock defender, brilliant striker, creative midfield player... and then the rest.
I agree. Some mouths on the pitch would be hugely beneficial.

But mire to thst point, winners. Players who demand to be successful and can form a important part of the team that way. Like neville when he arrived, he was the voice in the dressing room because he knew what it took to win being a Ferguson pupil, hence why Moyes loved him so much.

Also counter true that Moyes failure at United is because he had a team of winners and he wasn't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.