Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Some mouths on the pitch would be hugely beneficial.

But mire to that point, winners. Players who demand to be successful and can form a important part of the team that way. Like neville when he arrived, he was the voice in the dressing room because he knew what it took to win being a Ferguson pupil, hence why Moyes loved him so much.

Also counter true that Moyes failure at United is because he had a team of winners and he wasn't one.
Definitely. Leaders and winners. At least one brought in in defence, midfield and up top, and of course a vocal, confident and capable goalkeeper.

I think its pretty obvious many team swill go big, Newcastle did about £80 million in jan, and went down.
Didn't they do 80 million over two windows?

As much as clubs have more money they will need to think about stability. Even pushing 30 plus for bottom half teams is a serious investment for them. West ham, Southampton, us, slurs, Liverpool, Stoke and Perhaps Leiscter will spend bigger than that, discounting the rich clubs.

Milik is a good shout and you'd think possible if De Boer becomes manager.

Big lad good in the air and on the deck and scores goals. People will rightly say "it's only the Dutch league" and you have to be wary of that as a few have netted regularly over there and then flopped in better leagues.

But he's also got a decent ratio for Poland, 10 goals in 24 games is a good record. Just turned 22 too so a good age.

Didn't they do 80 million over two windows?

As much as clubs have more money they will need to think about stability. Even pushing 30 plus for bottom half teams is a serious investment for them. West ham, Southampton, us, slurs, Liverpool, Stoke and Perhaps Leiscter will spend bigger than that, discounting the rich clubs.

Thats why I said 10 mate, or around that number.

United
City
Chelsea,
RS,
Arsenal maybe,
Us,
Spurs,
West Ham,
Leicester,
Stoke/Watford/Sunderland could and probably will go big again.

Think people are underestimating how much TV money people are getting this year. Personally I think this summer will be ludicrous in the PL. If Middlesborough get like £140m in promotion think about how much the top 6 earned.

On a transfer note - how come we're like the only team to completely ignore the Bundesliga? The transfer fees they ask for a so much less than the crappy leagues we've been fishing in.

But we did after that?

And he only really added besic to the squad the following year , and correct me if I am wrong but out of the 4 players he signed from Wigan, the first three to 4 months of the season we had 2 of them in there this year , with a third stepping in a month later

I was half joking lad.

But in all seriousness out of the four, two were flops, one was all right, the other a good signing.

Kone, for all his faults, actually didn't do bad when we were in some half-decent form at the beginning of this season but overall has been awful.

Alcaraz was a free with small(ish) wages. No real risk.

Its not out of the question for us to go well over £100 this summer, if we get what we want for Rom & Stones.

I was half joking lad.

But in all seriousness out of the four, two were flops, one was all right, the other a good signing.

Kone, for all his faults, actually didn't do bad when we were in some half-decent form at the beginning of this season but overall has been awful.

Alcaraz was a free with small(ish) wages. No real risk.
I don't think any of them were necessarily good signings. Kone didn't really do much in the team bar 3 games over 3 years, robles is not a good keeper, he is solid and better than Howard but certainly not our number one. McCarthy I like, but as many have pointed out he has struggled this year. And alcaraz was a terrible defender.

I don't think any of them were necessarily good signings. Kone didn't really do much in the team bar 3 games over 3 years, robles is not a good keeper, he is solid and better than Howard but certainly not our number one. McCarthy I like, but as many have pointed out he has struggled this year. And alcaraz was a terrible defender.

McCarthy was an excellent signing based on his first season alone.

He hasn't been anywhere near as bad as people make out, either.

He'll re-find his form.

McCarthy was an excellent signing based on his first season alone.

He hasn't been anywhere near as bad as people make out, either.

He'll re-find his form.
McCarthy was shackled by Martinez. He's much more a box to box midfielder but he was being asked to play the sort of role you'd ask an aging player who doesn't really have the legs anymore to do.

McCarthy was shackled by Martinez. He's much more a box to box midfielder but he was being asked to play the sort of role you'd ask an aging player who doesn't really have the legs anymore to do.

Spot on. He hasn't got the passing range to do that.

He's very good at braking up play, recycling possession and he can be effective going forward when he makes those darting third-man runs to the edge of the area.

Maybe not a classic 'no.8', but he's not a sitting midfielder either, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.