Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter if we sell Lukaku or Stones still summer is a major clean out. Osman Hibbert Pienaar Howard Gibson will all go or gone in Howard's case. Barry is liable to go for a last big pay day too. Kone Mcgeady need to be cut also. As Jags said that's 10 experienced players that need to be replaced. It looks like we may have 4 that can come through the academy but we do need to replace them with better players and experienced ones. So that leaves us needing 6 players to buy and probably another 2 along with that. It's going to be a big big job.
Good job we've got the cash to do it otherwise we'd be offering extentions to the likes of Osman an Pienaar. Which thankfully, I cannot see now.

As much as I'm happy we're rich now and can bid for all these stars I still hope we line up in August with the British core and a few academy lads. Superstars are fun but I long for an all-English lineup one day.

Because the England team wins loads?

Who's even suggesting Brighton players Jesus Christ we have a rich owner and TV money now we shouldn't be shopping in the Championship.
Good players are good players whatever level they are at. I only mentioned Goldson as I really rate him and our defence is crap. I doubt we'd sign him but I can see him being a good Premier League defender given the chance. He is 23 with well over 100 league games behind him. Will only get better.

.....unless the new Manager is already being consulted on such things.
Highly doubt it. Any new manager will want to see the squad before they even consider signing new players. Hence why not until July. Even Martinez only singed Wigan players before the end of the window

Good players are good players whatever level they are at. I only mentioned Goldson as I really rate him and our defence is crap. I doubt we'd sign him but I can see him being a good Premier League defender given the chance. He is 23 with well over 100 league games behind him. Will only get better.

Golds on is good - I'd say more your Bournemouth level though - but I was aiming it more at the Kayal and Knockheart shouts; one Celtic couldn't be arsed keeping and the other was anonymous in the PL.

Highly doubt it. Any new manager will want to see the squad before they even consider signing new players. Hence why not until July. Even Martinez only singed Wigan players before the end of the window

....fair point but with the likely exit of so many players, if we have lined somebody up they might well have submitted a few names they'd like. It's reported that Klopp endorsed transfers last summer before he came in and I think this type of thing does happen.

I be peed if we offer new deals to any of the out of contract player; Hibbert Osman Gibson Pienaar Howard(gone)
I would also like to try shift;
Mcgeady Kone Niasse(even if fit doesn't look like a footballer ) possibly move on Oviedo as we will have Baines Garbutt even Galloway as LBs

Promote Davies, Dowell to replace Pienaar, Osman
Not sure of Ledson Kenny could be promoted to replace Hibbert, Gibson

Spend on 1st Choice Keeper, Winger, Striker that's 3 quality players spending £20-30m on each

Status
Not open for further replies.