Michael Bradley & Nuno Valente

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read in everyone hated echo, back pages, that it looks like moyes is going to keep the club's favourite player valente for another year at least, because he brings quality cover ummm

Baines is left back, and the sooner we get a quality right back into place, then we can play lescott in his preferred role.

Got to admit not happy with Valente getting a new contract,its not as if he was value for the last one and if hes staying does that mean the talk about Carr is a wind up or are we going to have Baines,Carr,Valente and either Neville or Hibbert on the bench:eek:

Is he gonna be on high a weekly wage packet?

Long term I don't see Lescott staying at LB either but right now, what are we gonna do?

Possible that anyone of the three (Jags, Yobo, or Lescott) get groomed for RB?

I know Yobo had a few spot starts at RB years ago and it didn't work out too well but what about:

Jags.......Yobo.......Lescott........Baines

Jags played at RB in preseason and didn't do too great either although to be fair, he was still settling in with the squad and those were his first competitive matches with us.

It'll be interesting to see what Moyes has up his sleeve. Ideally, we'd like to have the squad depth where we have a competent backup at each position or one who can slot right in.

Neville (Hibbert)....Yobo (Jags)....Lescott (Jags)....Baines (Valente)

...with Jags, Yobo, and Lescott all being interchangeable.
I don't mind the idea of Jags as cover at RB, but I don't see him as an improvement on Hibbert. Defensively, he's no better and his distribution is just as bad.

Firstly, i wouldnt drop jagielka or yobo just to make space for baines to play, lescott is doing fine where he is, now if you put jagielka at right back, that could work...

...anyway Valente is useless now, we have all the cover in the world, baines, lescott and even Neville if needed. ITs just wasting more money for the club...

I reckon players do get injured and ar unavailable occasionally....

the more the merrier and bringing in some new blood while putting them under the wings of older heads is worth their pay packets in the long term.

Yep. I'd rather see us have a bit of cover in case of injury to any of the other CB's, or assuming we get into Europe, just extra options in case of exhaustion... does anyone remember the last few months???

I've made my case for this kid (Bradley) on more than one occassion before now. I don't know if Moyes is serious about him, but he only has to watch him on a couple of occassions to know what he is all about. Seeing as though I'm posting in all these threads at the moment, I might as well link them. Bradley would be more suited to our team than Sidwell, due to his ability to arrive in the box and support the striker(s), and thus, for the same sort of price as Sidwell, I know who I'd go for...

And he's younger...

American starlet Michael Bradley favours a move to Germany - his agent has confirmed to skysports.com.

The Heerenveen midfielder has been strongly linked with a switch to the Premier League with Manchester United, Everton, Blackburn, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Sunderland amongst those to have scouted him in recent months.

Scottish giants Celtic are also said to be keeping close tabs on him - whilst German outfits Werder Bremen and Stuttgart are keen.

And although he would not rule out a move to England - his agent Kon Schramm confirmed a switch to the Bundesliga looked the most likely option.

"He will probably make the move to Germany," Schramm told skysports.com.

"He likes the clubs, the league and he knows it better. I think he will feel good in Germany."

No contact

The most serious interest from England appears to be emerging from Merseyside with David Moyes attending a match recently to make a check on Bradley - who has scored an impressive 15 goals from central midfield.

But Schramm insisted he has not heard from The Toffees.

"There is no contact with an English club at this moment, a move to England is possible but we will see," he continued.

"We hope something on his future will develop in the next month or so.

"He has one-year left on his current contract and a transfer is not something Heerenveen have really talked about."

Is that just agent talk so an english club makes a quick move?

Is that just agent talk so an english club makes a quick move?

Sounds like it, the only reasons any professional would choose the German league over England is if they couldn't speak English or they thought they would be unable to cope in the Premiership I wonder if Bradley lacks belief in his ability to play in the Prem if this report is true.

It could very well be Moyes isn't interested in Bradley. He may be after somebody else. More often than not Paper talk manufactures linked names after knowing a Coach or scout is in the stands from a certain club. Knowing were short on midfielders putting two and two together and bingo a name comes out of the hat. We all know Davey when abroad looks at Goalies the most that in my mind would be the most credible journalism.

Moyes is interested all right ! Yesterday the Daily Post called Bradley Everton's 'top summer target', and they're usually well informed. Today they're saying that Moyes only values Bradley at £2.5m, which could obviously be a stumbling block.

Status
Not open for further replies.