Michael Bradley & Nuno Valente

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
According to the Daily Mail, we will be offering Nuno a one year contract and Moyes watched Heerenveen midfielder Michael Bradley Yesterday play against Ajax.

Bradleys young, tall, (6ft 1) and gets among the goals (19 in 59 games) - albeit in the Dutch league...

Tim Howard will convince Bradley to sign for us, hopefully, i think that he'd be an excellent signing at around £3.5M, and Bluelass will the moist about the Nuno news .

Bradley is becoming the new Koumas!! Not sure about him to be honest, i think we could do much better.
As for Nuno, will he play at all next season? Unless Moyes remains unconvinced about Baines fitness and form

Bradley would be a solid signing. We ought to snap him up as someone else will.

I'm ok with signing Nuno for another year as squad cover as long as the wages are in line.

We're always talking about squad depth so this makes sense. I don't see him getting many games though other than an odd cup game as he's got Lescott and/or Baines in front of him.

But still good to have a solid pro with his experience waiting in the wings if need be.

If Nuno gets a new deal, i'll see that as Moyes firmly seeing Lescott as a centre back, with Baines left back next season.

If Nuno gets a new deal, i'll see that as Moyes firmly seeing Lescott as a centre back, with Baines left back next season.

I don't necessarily think that's the case though.

Who would he drop to make way for Lescott at CB? Jags or Yobo?

Right now, I couldn't see him dropping either of them which begs the obvious next question. Who would he sell?

I couldn't see him selling either of them.

I could still see the Hibbert/Neville, Jags, Yobo, Lescott backline starting next year.

i think nuno and carsley are being re-signed due to a couple of reasons.
1.we need the experience and cover.
2.we need 2 or 3 players anyway.if we shift anyone out it justs add's more to the cost of paying for new players.which we just cant afford.

as for bradley , i dont know anything about him so cant comment.

Bradley would be a up a comer 18 goals in what 33 games sounds like a Cahill to me. Price sounds right with only Rovers giving us a push for him.

Valente just needs fitnesss he can be great cover for us. Cars has to stay because Manny won't be staying for next year I fear. Even though his true position would be Carsleys.

Happy days are here again, la la la la la la la la la, Happy days are here again.....
Ahh, Nuno:D, mwah!

I don't necessarily think that's the case though.

Who would he drop to make way for Lescott at CB? Jags or Yobo?

Right now, I couldn't see him dropping either of them which begs the obvious next question. Who would he sell?

I couldn't see him selling either of them.

I could still see the Hibbert/Neville, Jags, Yobo, Lescott backline starting next year.

Personally, I dont think theres a chance Moyes would give Nuno a new contract if he intended to keep Lescott at LB. Everton wouldn't pay someone £22k-£30k a week to be a third choice left back.

Personally, I dont think theres a chance Moyes would give Nuno a new contract if he intended to keep Lescott at LB. Everton wouldn't pay someone £22k-£30k a week to be a third choice left back.

Is he gonna be on high a weekly wage packet?

Long term I don't see Lescott staying at LB either but right now, what are we gonna do?

Possible that anyone of the three (Jags, Yobo, or Lescott) get groomed for RB?

I know Yobo had a few spot starts at RB years ago and it didn't work out too well but what about:

Jags.......Yobo.......Lescott........Baines

Jags played at RB in preseason and didn't do too great either although to be fair, he was still settling in with the squad and those were his first competitive matches with us.

It'll be interesting to see what Moyes has up his sleeve. Ideally, we'd like to have the squad depth where we have a competent backup at each position or one who can slot right in.

Neville (Hibbert)....Yobo (Jags)....Lescott (Jags)....Baines (Valente)

...with Jags, Yobo, and Lescott all being interchangeable.

Don't forget Nuno plays midfield also.

But Danny I bet Chico has wore you down on the Real links to Yobo and the big money is coming in for him this summer. It good to have someone on the inside while all this transfer nonsense is going on. So in effect Lescott slots right back in the middle again???:oops:

I could have swore Nuno had another year in his contract anyway.

I dont know an awfull lot about this Bradley chap, what i have seen is that he is very much a holding midfield man despite his goal for stats this season, seems to me as this would confirm 4-5-1 formation in our imediate future, not that i am against that. The lad in what i have seen of him doesnt look that mobile, with that and the frantic pace of the prem i think it would be a while untill we saw the best of him, has a cracking shot though!

he wouldnt be my fiorst choice but then Moyes knows better then me, i hope its not a case of the transfer budget justifying the player rather then vice versa!

I see it the other way round, the fact nuno has signed signals to me Baines may be sold and JL will be left back next season with nuno in reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.