Tom Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Cannon should be an option from the bench next season and play some cup games. Back up to a hopefully soon to be signed new centre forward.
Tricky one not sure if he would benefit more from another full season of games or bit part player for us. I’d imagine playing regular games and coaching from Ryan Lowe at Preston would serve him better than sitting round here. But I would like to see him given a chance tho and as mentioned should not be loaned out until we have a forward in.

Tricky one not sure if he would benefit more from another full season of games or bit part player for us. I’d imagine playing regular games and coaching from Ryan Lowe at Preston would serve him better than sitting round here. But I would like to see him given a chance tho and as mentioned should not be loaned out until we have a forward in.
All comes down to how we setup next season imo. If it's going to stay as a 4-5-1 type thing then he probably is better going on loan again for a bit as he is too good to just sit on the bench, however if Dyche chooses to go down the 4-4-2 route (I hope not as it really doesn't work in the PL these days against most teams) then he has to stay imo. Also if he does make a switch to England under 21's then for me he stays here.

So like... Does he have a huge cannon... In his pants?

beavis-and-butt-head-laughing.gif

So his recent withdrawal from the Irish national side was not pure accident. They probably started talking to him when he was called up for the senior irish side. Very distasteful way of behaving. I hope he makes the right call and continues with the irish side which would be the better move for him. Forget about England because they will forget about you as soon as he switches allegiance.

He might have more of a shout with England, Kane won’t go on another cycle after this one and there is no real elite English no 9 beyond him.

The emergence of Even Ferguson for Ireland, means a starting slot for Ireland will be hard gig for more then a decade.

He might have more of a shout with England, Kane won’t go on another cycle after this one and there is no real elite English no 9 beyond him.

The emergence of Even Ferguson for Ireland, means a starting slot for Ireland will be hard gig for more then a decade.

Still not certain for me that he'll make it as a PL striker. England will always have lots of youth players coming through who can be top level stars. If Tom can't make it as a PL player, he's got no hope of games with England. And seeing as he can only change once, the smart move would seem to be to stay where he is for another year or so and then decide, whether it be the Republic, England, Wales etc as he'll know better then as to which level he'll likely spend his career in.

Still not certain for me that he'll make it as a PL striker. England will always have lots of youth players coming through who can be top level stars. If Tom can't make it as a PL player, he's got no hope of games with England. And seeing as he can only change once, the smart move would seem to be to stay where he is for another year or so and then decide, whether it be the Republic, England, Wales etc as he'll know better then as to which level he'll likely spend his career in.
They may well do but they obviously feel that Cannon is at least equal or potentially better otherwise they wouldn't be chasing him down to switch to England. Needs to be given a chance to show what he can do. If Dyche is going to pick some yard dog type over him and not help him then he is better off just leaving and going somewhere where he can develop properly.

Can't let this lad stagnate, first team football has to be a priority, he should stick with Ireland, playing international football is certainly better than u21 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.