Iwobi
Gray
Gana
Simms
Alli
Gomes
Gbamin
Nkounkou

Quite an incredible amount of players out of contract over the next 2 seasons.
7 of those have about 20 bloody games between them too. Utterly criminal our recruitment has been, criminal.

Won't keep 1 of those which would save us about

2023 - 9 Players
Mina - £120k
Lonergan - £5k
Begovic - £40k
Coleman - £55k
Townsend - £45k
Vinagre - £25k
Davies - £25k
Coady - £55k
Doucoure - £90k

£460k a week
£1.84 MILLION a month
£22.08 million a year.
Youre being very generous with those wages as well. Coleman and Townsend are probably on 50% more.

2024 is the really big one for us.

7 of those have about 20 bloody games between them too. Utterly criminal our recruitment has been, criminal.

What we'd have left is actually pretty decent to build on once the out of contract 17 are removed

Contracts expiring

2023 - 9 Players
Mina
Lonergan
Begovic
Coleman
Townsend
Vinagre
Davies
Coady
Doucoure

2024 - 8 Players
Iwobi
Gray
Gana
Simms
Alli
Gomes
Gbamin
Nkounkou

Wouldn’t mind Lonergan’s gig

39 years old - 240k a year - 0 games in 5 or so years.

Contracts expiring

2023 - 9 Players
Mina
Lonergan
Begovic
Coleman
Townsend
Vinagre
Davies
Coady
Doucoure

2024 - 8 Players
Iwobi
Gray
Gana
Simms
Alli
Gomes
Gbamin
Nkounkou

2024 is when the reset begins - BMD built + a lot of deadwood off the books.

Only players I would keep in that list in terms of offering a new deal are:

Class of 2023

Doucoure - 1 year extension until 2024 makes sense as doing a good job under Dyche

Class of 2024

Iwobi - but on similar wages to what he's on now

Gray - great squad player

Simms - new deal and let him back out on loan to continue to develop

Class of 2023

Doucoure - 1 year extension until 2024 makes sense as doing a good job under Dyche

Class of 2024

Doucoure 1 year extension.
Iwobi sell
Gray sell
Simms extend

Linked to Hojlund 2 weeks ago as well. This would be quite a coup.
I wouldnt be mad if we signed him, seems like a good young player. I see much more appealing teams also being linked to Høylund tho, so we would probably need to move fast if there is any chance of him signing for us - which is close to impossible as we’re in a relegation fight.

I wouldnt be mad if we signed him, seems like a good young player. I see much more appealing teams also being linked to Høylund tho, so we would probably need to move fast if there is any chance of him signing for us - which is close to impossible as we’re in a relegation fight.

I think if we survive we're a very attractive club for young players.

They'll note Onana's profile rising and we can highlight those such as Garner, Patterson and Branthwaite as a new team were building.

Players will be confident of getting games and likely see us as a stepping stone where they can prove themselves in the premier league.

Theres really 4 key areas we need to strengthen CF, RW, AM and CM. Though I think we can 'make do' with 3 signings and put any funds into a gradual build.

I think if we survive we're a very attractive club for young players.

They'll note Onana's profile rising and we can highlight those such as Garner, Patterson and Branthwaite as a new team were building.

Players will be confident of getting games and likely see us as a stepping stone where they can prove themselves in the premier league.

Theres really 4 key areas we need to strengthen CF, RW, AM and CM. Though I think we can 'make do' with 3 signings and put any funds into a gradual build.
Absolutely, I just worry some other team will snatch him up or make him appealing offers before our relegation battle has been won. If he hasnt moved and we’re still in the prem next season, I think we have a much better chance but i doubt he would sign as long as theres a chance we go down.
If we get the three signings you mention, maybe four, I think next season will look very different.

Class of 2023

Class of 2024

Agree for the most part. Id see how Nkounkou gets on next season as back up for myko maybe. And keeps Simms at Everton for me. We need striking options and personally I don't think a loan would develop him any more than competitive PL footy (if we stay up).

Class of 2023

Class of 2024

A lot depends on what league we're playing in next season. I'd we stay up, I imagine Doucoure will get another year. Mina will definitely be released. Can't see us keeping Cody now. Looking like Coleman and Davies will leave this summer. But if we go down they might stay as both could do a job in the Championship.

A lot depends on what league we're playing in next season. I'd we stay up, I imagine Doucoure will get another year. Mina will definitely be released. Can't see us keeping Cody now. Looking like Coleman and Davies will leave this summer. But if we go down they might stay as both could do a job in the Championship.
You think Coleman is gone next year? I think that was the aim, but Patterson has been injured far too often so I can see him getting another year. I’d want him on ridiculously reduced terms though

Status
Not open for further replies.