Everton Way plaques

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't waste a precious plaque just to wind somebody up, plenty of people would love the chance to pay tribute to loved ones
Imagine the club will eventually open up other areas of the outside space in years to come, these will eventually sell out, and will always be more demand over the years.

Not only that, but imagine the plaque you bought to remember a loved one ends up next to something like "Kenwright sh*t in my front garden," or whatever.
Not possible as they'll be vetting every plaque. But definitely agree with the sentiment.

Ordered 2 - one for me/my little lad & the other for my arl fella as a birthday surprise.
Not going off the subject but just a little news story that might be of interest to all the amateur football fans on here, past and present: Canada Dock have resigned from the Sunday Football league after 58 years, they resigned with much regret and consideration after interference by Sunday League Officials over the last ten days and they would like to thank everybody who has been part of the club over that very long period. I think it is a very sad day for all fans of the Sunday League and amateur league players and fans everywhere.

Not going off the subject but just a little news story that might be of interest to all the amateur football fans on here, past and present: Canada Dock have resigned from the Sunday Football league after 58 years, they resigned with much regret and consideration after interference by Sunday League Officials over the last ten days and they would like to thank everybody who has been part of the club over that very long period. I think it is a very sad day for all fans of the Sunday League and amateur league players and fans everywhere.
Always had a strong team Canada.

I think the price of the plaques is quite reasonable. I got a memorial granite with engraved text for my old dog which lies in the garden and it cost about £90 so I don't think the club will make a huge amount of money out of this scheme. Knowing EFC they will contrive to make a loss after paying for installation. Someone asked about wear and tear on the pavers and with thousands of feet crossing them this may be a concern. The Goodison Granites were guaranteed for 10 years from 2014 for the first batch . Being vertically stacked they are only subject to weathering so will last indefinitely .

Club will likely email everyone who ordered a section reference number or something similar once there installed

Sort the area into sections then numbers etc, head down there once open to find it

Just searched by inbox for Goodison Granites. They did indeed tell me which alphabetical section mine was in:

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 12.18.43.png

I'd forgotten about that, because I found where it was on publicity pictures after Martinez stood next to it during the opening ceremony!

Status
Not open for further replies.