January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Mykolenko who was taken out of the squad sue to illness?

Plus Patterson whose been recovering from injury?

It would be great to upgrade every position. But three are "needed".
No vinagre who we signed on loan and who despite poor form from mykolenko has played what 24 mins for us even on the couple of occasions the Ukrainian was dropped .

Nah he can't defend mate, he doesn't even know where he should be standing position wise. This is elite level sport, we have to stop making excuses for some of these players, you simply must know the basics of your playing position at this level. Also 3 long term injuries in a season is not a great sign for the future. He isn't for me tbh.
So let’s never sign any youngsters again then and close the academy. We haven’t got 100’s of millions to spend any more so have to take punts. On young players with potential, they will make mistakes and need to learn and grow, who knew, what a bizzare take your post is.

Even are experienced players make plenty of mistakes that cost us goals. Pickford had done, Coleman I’d guess has made 30/40 mistakes leading to goals in his Everton career, he made 4 or 5 last season. Digne was part of the French World Cup winning squad and cost us a lot of goals. Gana has made 2/3 mistakes since dyche walked in.

Branthwaite made a huge mistake v Brentford last season marking Toney, he’s having a very good season in Holland, but should we sell him, because I guarantee if he plays next season he will cost us a few goals. Do you expect him to be Franco Baresi at 20yrs old

As for Patterson he’s played 13 league games for us and has actually had a few good defensive performances Imo, away to Leeds
Early this season, up against Harrison defended against him very well.

So let’s never sign any youngsters again then and close the academy. We haven’t got 100’s of millions to spend any more so have to take punts. On young players with potential, they will make mistakes and need to learn and grow, who knew, what a bizzare take your post is.

Even are experienced players make plenty of mistakes that cost us goals. Pickford had done, Coleman I’d guess has made 30/40 mistakes leading to goals in his Everton career, he made 4 or 5 last season. Digne was part of the French World Cup winning squad and cost us a lot of goals. Gana has made 2/3 mistakes since dyche walked in.

Branthwaite made a huge mistake v Brentford last season marking Toney, he’s having a very good season in Holland, but should we sell him, because I guarantee if he plays next season he will cost us a few goals. Do you expect him to be Franco Baresi at 20yrs old

As for Patterson he’s played 13 league games for us and has actually had a few good defensive performances Imo, away to Leeds
Early this season, up against Harrison defended against him very well.
We barely use the academy as is because it produces nothing. I'm all for having younger players in the team if they are good enough and I don't think Patterson is. Maybe he will come good but I don't think he will, how many players come down from the SPL and actually show anything? I'm happy to give the lad more time but ultimately I just don't think he is very good. We will see won't we.

We barely use the academy as is because it produces nothing. I'm all for having younger players in the team if they are good enough and I don't think Patterson is. Maybe he will come good but I don't think he will, how many players come down from the SPL and actually show anything? I'm happy to give the lad more time but ultimately I just don't think he is very good. We will see won't we.

Part of the problem, specifically for Nathan Patterson are the following factors;

1. Injuries have plaged him a bit, but seemed to always get fairly rushed back.
  2. He's had to adapt to the Premier league in a struggling team, with no way, or a poor way of playing.
  3. He hasn't that the chance to adapt gradually, even if we were a mid-table team we would be able to give him time without it being a major problem.
  4. Ideally by now he'd have had almost 14 months of gametime but for several reasons he hasnt.
I think he looked good at the start of the season, we were playing well, defensively okay and creating some chances. Not perfect ofcourse, but the team looked better and so did Patterson.

He certainly needs work, he has to improve things ofcourse, but i think Dyche's defensive structure will aid that and help him adjust much better than Lampards "attacking" outlook in which players were being exposed left right and centre. Feels harsh to judge Patterson in isolation when the whole team suffered since Benitez appointment.

There is a player in there, it's just whether he stays injury free and has enough gametime to really cope and adapt properly.

Whether that player is good enough we wont know until we've seen a good solid prolonged period of time of games.

Part of the problem, specifically for Nathan Patterson are the following factors;

1. Injuries have plaged him a bit, but seemed to always get fairly rushed back.
  2. He's had to adapt to the Premier league in a struggling team, with no way, or a poor way of playing.
  3. He hasn't that the chance to adapt gradually, even if we were a mid-table team we would be able to give him time without it being a major problem.
  4. Ideally by now he'd have had almost 14 months of gametime but for several reasons he hasnt.
I think he looked good at the start of the season, we were playing well, defensively okay and creating some chances. Not perfect ofcourse, but the team looked better and so did Patterson.

He certainly needs work, he has to improve things ofcourse, but i think Dyche's defensive structure will aid that and help him adjust much better than Lampards "attacking" outlook in which players were being exposed left right and centre. Feels harsh to judge Patterson in isolation when the whole team suffered since Benitez appointment.

There is a player in there, it's just whether he stays injury free and has enough gametime to really cope and adapt properly.

Whether that player is good enough we wont know until we've seen a good solid prolonged period of time of games.
Yeas he does need games but even watching him for Scotland I just don't think he is up to much, he is ok, no more than that imo. I honestly think we will bring in another RB in the summer (As others have said) He needs to learn how to defend and the PL is not a great learning ground, Dyches defensive setup encourages pressure on it (Just look at how many goals we have conceded since Keane has come back in) It's why if Branthwaite comes back he simply must be integrated into the fold imo, a CB pairing of Tarkowski and Keane for a whole season is not the answer for me and will cost us in the long run.

Nah he can't defend mate, he doesn't even know where he should be standing position wise. This is elite level sport, we have to stop making excuses for some of these players, you simply must know the basics of your playing position at this level. Also 3 long term injuries in a season is not a great sign for the future. He isn't for me tbh.

You will eat your words big time with this lad.

Taken out the side cos Pony you mean.

We will 100% move for some full backs in the Summer.

Hypothetically take the full Gordon £45mil and £28mil for Kean.

Theres £73mil.

Players like Mina who are ooc leave and others like Holgate + Maupay are sold. Others who should be sold like Iwobi and Keane remain.

We then have a circa £90mil transfer budget and a decent chunk for wages.

If we used that on a Centre forward, attacking midfielder and a right winger thats an avg of £30mil per player.

If LB and RB positions are added then were looking at avg £18mil per player.

Less players should equal higher quality. Not always the case of course...but it may have brought us better than Maupay.

Theres £73mil.

Players like Mina who are ooc leave and others like Holgate + Maupay are sold. Others who should be sold like Iwobi and Keane remain.

If we used that on a Centre forward, attacking midfielder and a right winger thats an avg of £30mil per player.

Less players should equal higher quality. Not always the case of course...but it may have brought us better than Maupay.

We defo dont have a transfer budget of 90 mill mate.

Theres £73mil.

Don't need to spend £30m on players to improve this squad mate.

A good recruitment team could plug gaps for much less. We don't have a good recruitment team though, so no matter how much is available I doubt it'll be spent wisely.

Our established CBs make huge mistakes all the time TBF, so I don't think that's a stick to beat Jarrad with

We defo dont have a transfer budget of 90 mill mate.
I think we could if we wanted to. We are 32m in profit in the past 2 years, mostly last season with the unspent Gordon money. We will have 60m after Kean. If we sell and move on a few unneeded players the club could spend 75m while still being net positive on player trading. Considering the pandemic should no longer be effecting finances, I would think that would put the club net positive on the books as well.

Yeas he does need games but even watching him for Scotland I just don't think he is up to much, he is ok, no more than that imo. I honestly think we will bring in another RB in the summer (As others have said) He needs to learn how to defend and the PL is not a great learning ground, Dyches defensive setup encourages pressure on it (Just look at how many goals we have conceded since Keane has come back in) It's why if Branthwaite comes back he simply must be integrated into the fold imo, a CB pairing of Tarkowski and Keane for a whole season is not the answer for me and will cost us in the long run.
I fully admit Patterson still needs time to develop and I'm still not sure how good he will ultimately turn out to be defensively. I do think your statement about Patterson's Scotland performances are a bit off. Admittedly it was only half a dozen games or so but for Scotland he was hugely out-assisting Robertson at LB. In fact in some games Patterson seemed our only attacking threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.