2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even get the unattractive football shouts, in my eyes I don't think we've played this good of football since Ancelotti was in charge. Lampard for all he talked about a progressive style played some of the most turgid stuff I've seen us play at times. With Dyche we're getting shots off and creating chances which is, you know, the entire point of playing. If that's the style then I am all for it.
I agree. We're not going to compete with teams like Arsenal, City or Chelsea by trying to play a possession based game and pass them off the pitch. Neither is that going to help us get away from the bottom of the table.

No issues at all with what Dyche is trying to do.

He's had an immediate impact and results are improving. He's getting more out of the players and we have an effective way of playing. It would be naive to expect that a manager with Dyche's experience is a "one trick pony" - I'm sure he has longer term ambitions for the team and I'm hopeful that we'll see that start to emerge next season and the one after that in our new beautiful new stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey.
Some people are just never happy and wont accept hes just the medicine we need to get this club straightened out.
Dyche is exactly what we need for medium term security of this club. And would have been the best choice since Martinez left. That many people were quick rule him out every time we changed manager, that they are now not prepared to recognise him doing what this club has been crying out for. Getting players playing as a team

Dyche is exactly what we need for medium term security of this club. And would have been the best choice since Martinez left. That many people were quick rule him out every time we changed manager, that they are now not prepared to recognise him doing what this club has been crying out for. Getting players playing as a team
They were quick to rule him out because he is unfashionable and I’m not sure they realised just how much of a feat it was to keep a club of Burnley’s size in the leagues. For example I reckon Forest can’t be far off spending in one season of the PL, the spending of Burnley over the years they were in the top flight…..thats how small Burnley’s budget was. He always impressed me whilst in charge of Burnley and I’m happy we have him. I think he’s a perfect fit for where we are

By the way outside of using our eyes, I know people talk about xg stats etc but whats the best source of info for them as there are a number of websites, all presumably using different methodoligies

By the way outside of using our eyes, I know people talk about xg stats etc but whats the best source of info for them as there are a number of websites, all presumably using different methodoligies

Well, you've nailed it there - they all use slightly differing methodologies.

The one I tend to look at is Understat, but there's plenty of others knocking about

It was the same when Moyes was in charge. After he left, we all know what happened, when the board tried to find a manager with a "more cultured" way of playing. It takes a very good manager and very good players to play attractive football without falling into the wrong side of the table.

At some point, when Eddie Howe was being talked about as a possible new manager, some people thought he wasn't the right man to guide the football team into the path of greatness or success.

It takes more than just the manager to be successful. It takes intelligence in the transfer market, it takes some ability to plan how to integrate home grown footballers with players signed and a few more things. We have had how many directors with the mission of dealing with signings?

They were quick to rule him out because he is unfashionable and I’m not sure they realised just how much of a feat it was to keep a club of Burnley’s size in the leagues. For example I reckon Forest can’t be far off spending in one season of the PL, the spending of Burnley over the years they were in the top flight…..thats how small Burnley’s budget was. He always impressed me whilst in charge of Burnley and I’m happy we have him. I think he’s a perfect fit for where we are
It was the same when Moyes was in charge. After he left, we all know what happened, when the board tried to find a manager with a "more cultured" way of playing. It takes a very good manager and very good players to play attractive football without falling into the wrong side of the table.

At some point, when Eddie Howe was being talked about as a possible new manager, some people thought he wasn't the right man to guide the football team into the path of greatness or success.

It takes more than just the manager to be successful. It takes intelligence in the transfer market, it takes some ability to plan how to integrate home grown footballers with players signed and a few more things. We have had how many directors with the mission of dealing with signings?
Both of these points are linked for me. I for one thought Howe was to light weight in his style of play to be successful here, while I was convince Dyche would be a great choice. Where I underestimated Howe was in his ability to change his style and play more pragmatic football - which is what he has done this season. There is a place for expansive football, it’s beautiful to watch… but you really need to be able locate and buy the right player every time in the transfer market.
There is often short term successful teams that get found out. Chris wilders Sheffield United were a joy to watch for half a season in the prem league, many fans here would have had him in charge here. Once the systems was studied they slumped in the second half of the season and wilder hasn’t looked premier league class since

All balls isn't it?

I remember Opta had that stat that no player had dribbled past Viiirgl for like 2 seasons even though it was a blatant lie. Was because their criteria of "dribbled past" meant gone past and played a success pass afterwards

We dont even play that bad of football.

baffles me some people
Honestly I find myself scratching my head , I’ve been pleasantly surprised especially considering the position we’re in and the squad he’s got to deal with . The RS game was poor but even arsenal away until we conceded it was a solid enough defensive performance.

Some of the football under no shots Sam , Walter smith or Mike walker and more recently like passing the ball like it’s a friendly when you’re two nil down All ranked a lot lower for me.

I think he can be very effective for us if he's given some proper tools to work with.. Maupay, Mykolenko, Godfrey, Holgate, Davies, Iwobi... these are barely Championship quality players, and we genuinely don't have a squad. The drop off from first xi to bench is horrifying.

Again we probably need to sell to buy, so it'll be Onana out for about £40m I'd assume.

And this is assuming we stay up, which absolutely isn't a given at this current moment. If we go down, it may be a long time before we're back.

But if we stay up, and it's sell to buy, hopefully we can get maybe £75m for Onana, Maupay, Godfrey, Iwobi and Holgate, then use that for a striker, left back, central midfielder and a quality winger. God damn, surely the club can put another £20m on top of that to help us get 4-5 very decent players in to make sure we aren't in this position again next season.

Godfrey and Holgate are replaced by Branthwaite, might as well sign Coady for £4m as you won't get better for that absolute pittance and he'd be rotation anyway. New LB to push Mykolenko to the bench, Doucouré one year extension, new CM, new winger, new centre forward.

Honestly I find myself scratching my head , I’ve been pleasantly surprised especially considering the position we’re in and the squad he’s got to deal with . The RS game was poor but even arsenal away until we conceded it was a solid enough defensive performance.

Some of the football under no shots Sam , Walter smith or Mike walker and more recently like passing the ball like it’s a friendly when you’re two nil down All ranked a lot lower for me.
stop talking sense or you’ll get banned.

His results speak for themselves really. 8 games in.

4 of them against so called sky 6 teams.
WDLL.
2 against comfortable mid table.
WL
2 against relegation candidates.
WD.

6 of his 8 games have been against teams in the top half. (I include Villa in that due to it essentially being a top 11 and bottom 9 now).

That’s a tough start for any manager, let alone from the position we were in. After 10 games, he will have played 6 games against the ‘sky 6’.

Anyone not happy with how it’s going needs to do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.