Your First Time at Goodison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea - 1971...was only ten so can't remember date but got a chewing gum card 2 days later of Colin Harvey. Think he scores the winner. Beat them 2-0 I think.

Many many years ago against Aston Villa, went with me dad. Went in the Top Balcony, dont remember much about the match but remember the distinctive footy smells you get when you go the match, and that feeling of I want more of this. Once you go to Goodison, it stays with you for life

Luton Town in the cup in 2006 when I was 12. I went with my mate from school and sat in the Lower Gwladys, was hooked from then in even if Arsenal did knock us out in the next round.
Was my 1st game too!
4-0 wasn't it?

Back in late '95 vs. Sheffield Wednesday, 2-2, Amokachi hit the bar.

Uncle bought be a Club bar at half time

I think I may be bad luck. Can't even get Club bars anymore...

orgn1.bmp

1963 Everton 4 Fulham 1, clinched the 1962/62 league champions. Tony Macedo was in goal for Fulham. Roy Vernon got a hat-trick. Crowd was over 60,000!!!!

Port Vale in the Cup, Jan 96. I remember me and my dad sat in Lower Gwladys, I remember we scored a late equaliser, and that's about it (I was 8!). My dad tells me I got bored about 20 mins in and started asking how long left. Can't have been that bad though, 18 years later and i'm still coming back for more.

My first time at Goodison Park - 16 April 2001, unfortunately Everton lost 2-3 to RS that day.

I bought the tickets with my friends from the locals outside Goodison. I had to sit with the RS fans in the away section. However, I will never forget that day because Goodison is a very, very special place. I do not know how to explain in words but I felt like I had visited there before.

And I think Paul Gerrard is the worst goalkeeper I have seen in an Everton shirt.

What a crap first game to have like

Everton 0 Forest 0, 1991. Dire game but seeing the pitch for the first time is something that will live with me forever.

Hi everyone, first time poster!!

First trip to Goodison was v Luton in either 91 or 92. 1-1, Luton scored first (Dave Watson trod on the ball!!) and Mo Johnston scored the equaliser. Crowd was only about 16,000 but for an eleven year old it felt like being in a packed Nou Camp!!

Dad took me and had no idea how to get to the ground from Lime St so thought it would be a good idea to walk!! We sat in the Lower Bullens which seemed old and knackered even back then. Got a fantastically tacky old pottery style mug from the club shop which I still have today (I use it to water the plants!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.