Your First Time at Goodison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5th May 1996. Everton 1 Villa 0 (Parkinson)

Memories

Top Balc
Pitch Invader still singing as he's engulfed by 2 stewards and a policeman
Ian Wright scoring against Leicester and costing us Europe
Going from like to obsession ( I skipped the love)

Everton 0-2 Spurs, 96.

we were crap. still one of the greatest moments of my life - 1st time i'd ever heard Z-Cars, hairs stood up everywhere. went with dad and brother.

bloody ramon vega!

didn't we have this thread a few months back?

August 77. Went with my brother, my cousin and my cousin's mates

Everton 1-3 Notts Forest.

Jim Pearson scored for us.

Can't remember anything about the game. However, the noise, the green of the pitch and the smell of cigar smoke mingling with that of the onions from the hamburger and hotdog stands will live with me forever.

Can't wait to get back there.

Age 7 with my Dad. Everton 1 v 1 Altrincham FA Cup 3rd round Jan 1975 (still got the programme- we'd just been beaten the week before by Carlisle!).
No memory of the match but can remember being in awe at the size of the ground, the pitch and the floodlights blazing down through a foggy day. God bless you Dad.

records show we won the replay 2-0 at OT three days later

Aston Villa game this year. Went with a friend of mine from the States. He is a City fan, worked on some players back home about ten years as he is an orthopedic doctor. Think the atmosphere won him over as he said if he lived here he would have season tickets.
While the crowd was somewhat subdued, the grounds and surrounding area will always have a warm place in my heart.
sat in Upper Bullens and of course we won 2-1

April 4th 1983, vs. Stoke. I remember the date as it was my birthday. My grandad, god bless him, took me. He was a Liverpool season ticket holder. We won 3-1 and, I found out later, Sharp (2) and Sheedy scored. We were in the upper balcony of the main stand, and my main (only?) memory is of everyone being concerned when Stoke scored to make it (2-1?? 1-1??), before someone slotted home in the Park end to make it (?? 3-1). The most interesting thing is, I didn't go back to Goodison till 1989, when I eventually got a season ticket. That meant I missed all the best bits (84-87). Life is full of irony...

I don't remember my first but my first positive memory is of beating Arsenal 4-0 in October 1956. I was standing somewhere in the Gwladys, probably the Pen. It was a week after we shocked the world by beating the
pre-Munich Man Utd 5-2 at Old Trafford when they were in their pomp.

I've got a vague memory of us beating Chelsea 1-0 in the Cup in early 1956 - I had to look those dates up - but
I'd been to Goodison Park dozens of times before then when my grandad took me.

I know that we always sat in either the Upper Bullens or the old Upper Park End because I can still picture the
players coming onto the ground. He always had a flask of hot tea laced with whisky which he brought out at half time - and gave me a little sip.

What a magnificent stadium it was, and still is in many ways, even if it is dated.

My last was beating Watford 2-1 in 2006.

Everton 0-1 Chelsea with my dad on Nov 1st 2003. That tit Mutu scored with his hand as well. Deserved at least a point from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.