Your First Time at Goodison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that I can participate in this thread, but mine was so long ago I don't remember. I think we played some gash team.

Aussie Evertonian here. Made my Goodison Park debut this season.
Came across to the UK for five weeks just to watch Everton play.

v Liverpool 3-3, 2013.

Couldn't have picked a better game to go to. Sat in the lower Glwadys St and it was absolutely pumping.
It's a memory I always get flashbacks of when I talk to people about Everton. I could have died a happy man knowing I stepped foot into that stadium.

Was lucky enough to see some great results during my weeks over there:
3-3 Liverpool
4-0 Stoke
1-0 United
1-1 Arsenal
4-1 Fulham

Everton 3 Tottenham 1 first home of the 89/90 season. 7 years old.

Don't remember too much of the game other than being in the main stand and thinking how green the pitch looked under the floodlights.

My first footy memory was actually celebrating like mad with my dad when Michael Thomas scored THAT goal at the pit a few months earlier. From my reaction me dad must have thought I was ready for the match as I went on to attend every home game for that 89/90 season ... Cottee was my hero!

April 1994
Everton 0 - 3 Blackburn.

Terrible result, but I remember it being great fun. Highlight being sending a Blackburn fan to the ladies rather than the gents in Lulu's.

Spurs 96, 1-1 can't remember who scored for us but I know Chris Armstrong equalised which is a strange memory.

Next game at Goodison came 6 years later, 2002 Birmingham 1-1, rooneys second game and unsworth scored a last minute penalty.

For years I thought I was bad luck at Goodison, even saw our 3-0 defeat to Tranmere, until I moved to the Gladys street end in 2010. Only seen 5, but 4 of those we pretty special.

Man City 2-0, 09-10 (Felli Zindane game)
Man Utd 3-1, 09-10
Arsenal 1-2, 10-11
Chelsea 1-0, 10-11 (Beckfords flukey genius solo goal)
Liverpool 2-2, 12-13

I will not watch Everton in any other stand

Sat 5th Nov Vs WBA 1-1

Must've been a poor-ish game as our 'goal' was an OG by all accounts

What I remember is getting the 500 from Speke
seeing the floodlights 10 mins before we got there
down the streets and entrys
up close Goodison being massive, reaching up to the sky
the queing crowds
the police horses
the turnstiles
up the steps into the Gwladys
The sky so big the grass so green
the roar and the noise
the swearing
( and it must be said ) the smells of people and beer
5'3" Bobby Collins squaring up to some 6ft+ grock of a centrehalf, who had the good sense to back down.
back to Speke for fireworks

the start of a lifelong love affair that shows no sign of abating, in fact it's getting worse... magic

March 1st 1986, at home v Aston Villa. Amazing day, 2-0, Sharp and Lineker. It was for my 9th birthday, and still remember everything about the day. From the music, Billy Ocean (the going gets tough) being played as the players were warming up to flicking through the programme and seeing the pics from the demolition we did on Man City a couple of weeks earlier. Still remember the smells of the ground and experiencing the first time of being "in a crowd". Cant remember much of the actual game, but just being jostled about when the goals went in. Just a sea of backsides. Remember Villa were in a bright yellow kit, and us in the NEC one ( which I never did get!). Probably just another game for the 30+ thousand who went, but for me the start of being a blue

Even now hearing that Billy Ocean track makes the hair on my neck stand up. Bizarre what memories can do.

Everton 0 - 0 Newcastle. 97/98 season. Was the game Gary Speed just got abused by us lot. I went with my Dad, to say it was an awful game was an understatement. I remember there being like one chance the whole game and just thinking, how [Poor language removed] is this?!

1972 0-0 home to Arsenal. The stadium seemed awe inspiringly massive. I remember there were a few hail storms during the game and Gordon West was diving all over the show. Lots of [Poor language removed] smoke and I could barely see over the wall in the enclosure. Always thought the boys pen looked like a prison, I'll bet Kenwright used to charge for entry.

I always thought my first was 1969, but it wasnt, it that one like you! The weather was awful wasnt it?

Saturday 8 October 1988. Everton 4-1 Southampton. My Dad took me and my brother. I had been pleading to go to Goodidon for years. They both support Southampton and we lived down south. Think they scored after one minute. I was in the away end when it was standing in the Park End stood at the front in the rain got soaked. i had forgotten my coat. I remember my Dad jumping down the terrace and ruffling my hair. When we went 4-1 my beaming rain soaked face went up to him and said 'how do you feel now dad?' He said 'F' Off' and didnt speak to me for the weekend. I remember being in awe at the stadium and the lights. Even though it was only about half full the roar when we scored felt massive. I was only 9.

Everton 0 - 0 Newcastle. 97/98 season. Was the game Gary Speed just got abused by us lot. I went with my Dad, to say it was an awful game was an understatement. I remember there being like one chance the whole game and just thinking, how [Poor language removed] is this?!

i remember this one. I walked out the ground and said to my mate- thats it we're going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.