Your First Time at Goodison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steken1

Player Valuation: £70m
In honour of one of our American Broski's making the pilgrimage this weekend I thought I'd throw this one out. Hopefully he'll come back and answer after the game.

Can you remember the game?

Who took you?

Can you remember what it felt like?

What's the best part of the match day experience for you?

Birmingham at home, Nov 2007

3-1, Carsley scored the winner and James Vaughan added one for the fun of it in the last minute! Uncle, Aunt and Mum took me.

Was pretty young and daft, so tbh it kind of felt like Green Street. The Police presence etc. Soon as I walked up those short stairs to see that full green pitch. Heaven! I was sold.. but to win in the way we did. Money couldn't buy what I felt in those last few minutes!! Absolute ecstasy. The whole thing is indescribable to be honest

Just enjoy the trip no matter what, enjoy that first walk up to see the pitch and roar on the bangs when Z Cars come on. Nothing matches it!!

Against Blackburn the year they won the league... 94/95.

Lost 2-1. Still boss atmosphere though, nothing compares to walking out and seeing the grass first time and hearing z-cars

Graham Stuart scored for us

Went with my old man. He fumed like

Swearing will be penalised
Everton 1-0 Zenit, Cahill scored in the UEFA Cup group stage

Went to the Spellow with my Dad early on, and we sat in a rather packed Upper Bullens, and the game was quite tense and we scored late on I remember, [Poor language removed] up on the train back and had to go to Leeds, then Hudds.

I've been an Everton fan since the late 90s when I was around 12/13, but my first live match was only after I moved to Liverpool in 2012 (a lucky coincidence, job opportunity here). First match was Everton 2 - Sunderland 1 in November 2012. Will never forget it, was sat in the main stand for that one. Walking up to the ground, seeing the crowd and the pitch after climbing up the stairs, and of course the memorable turnaround with 2 late goals. I've been going to most home matches since and a couple of away ones, and will be getting my first season ticket for the 2014/15 season - in the lower Gwladys of course!

Of course I would have loved to have visited Goodison earlier than 2012 (I was 27 at the time of the first visit), but at least I'm pretty sure I will remember it quite clearly forever. And I intend to keep making up for lost time!

Can remeber all the smells and noises from my first match but not who we played or when it was, was about 6, me uncle brian took me

In honour of one of our American Broski's making the pilgrimage this weekend I thought I'd throw this one out. Hopefully he'll come back and answer after the game.

Can you remember the game?

Who took you?

Can you remember what it felt like?

What's the best part of the match day experience for you?

Sheff Wed at home boxing day 1992,
my dad,
yes it was horrible we were gash and carlton palmer managed to score a header from outside the box. I can't overstate how gash we were.
The pre-match anticipation and seeing the Old Lady in all her glory. The match itself was a massive letdown

Status
Not open for further replies.