The Everton Board Thread 2014/15

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

• Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In his posts he wanted them to evolve, dismissed them and assumed they had gone et al.

None of the above is correct, so given that he cant be further away.
I never dismissed them. I did want them to evolve - and they have, which is great. I also assumed they had gone. This is the danger of acronyms :)

This has been enlightening, thank you for that. I still think there is work to be done, but it's good that it's being addressed by someone.

This is a really good point and one that should be made clearly. I've suggested a few times that a fan action group be created (or perhaps born from KEIOC) that is not under the KEIOC or BU banner. Both of those names have a political connotation that is not obviously inclusive of all fans.

KEIOC is further limited in the sense that I'm sure a large portion of the fanbase fails to realize that they are still active - their name is successful, and many might assume they folded when Kirkby failed.

But Evertonians do need an inclusive representation group. One that is not hostile to any of the parties involved, but is clearly designed for the sole purpose of improving Everton. We do need that vehicle of change, or we tie ourselves to the mercy of the ownership of the club. I think Evertonians natural drollness plays against us here, as we tend to mock things rather than be seen to care too much.

The moderate fanbase sees problems with the current status, they do, but with results being solid on the pitch and no easy way to make their voices heard, they shrug and move on. This leaves the calls for action distant, and oftentimes apparently extremist - which is bad for the health of the club and the supporters.

Perhaps a new group, or a simple name change with some new polish would be a good way forward.

I'd certainly be willing to be part of a new group that was populated by people with sensible thought out suggestions , but getting rid of the tunnel vision personal hatred that some people have of Bill K and the board would be difficult, and that is what would initially limit any progress. There is a lot of bad feeling amongst groups of supporters...personally I suspect that this is 'an internet thing', but however small the group is, there is no harm, and possibly progress to be made by initialising a meeting. I'd be up for that, but I'm not going to meet people just to have a pointless argument. There are ways to do things, and there are ways not to do things. The first thing to do is construct a process which will get a sensible , polite, mutually respectful dialogue going with the club....not easy based on past 'happenings' but by approaching this in a sensible, open way we might get somewhere. And let us try to bring to an end this 'anti' and 'pro' situation.... the feeling by some that 'if youre not with us youre against us and youre fair game for abuse'. We are all Evertonians and want more or less the same thing.

Initial meeting..somewhere on the East Lancs better for me ! Just a few people , not more than half a dozen, a cross section of views, selected and invited by GOT moderators, one of whom would be part of the group. Hypertetically, a rep from KEIOC, an rep from Blue Union, and a couple of others from the other sides of the argument. Informal meeting, to initially look for common ground, and formulate a sensible process to establish dialogue with the club.

Initial meeting..somewhere on the East Lancs better for me ! Just a few people , not more than half a dozen, a cross section of views, selected and invited by GOT moderators, one of whom would be part of the group. Hypertetically, a rep from KEIOC, an rep from Blue Union, and a couple of others from the other sides of the argument. Informal meeting, to initially look for common ground, and formulate a sensible process to establish dialogue with the club.

*gulp*

You could all meet on Chico's massive head.

I think you've hit upon something there Steve, but I'm not sure that it even needs a formal meeting, because we can have that sort of dialogue here!

With the caveat that the discussion starts with a line in the sand. No rehashing of old arguments about KD, happy clappers, Kirkby etc etc ad infinitum and the SOLE aim of the discussion is to reach a consensus on what we as a fan's group want to see at EFC in the future and therefore what we see as needing to change to facilitate the end goal.

Both KEIOC & BU were open to members iirc, so the opportunity for moderates to get involved was there, both could have grown organically from that, but to be honest, it took a very long time to argue agains the spin put forward by the club et al, still is, and to get the other side of the story across to the ordinary supporters, given the control over the media th club had/has.

Only on forums could points and counterpoints be raised to any degree of depth, but it is a display of the toxicity created by a cloud of suspicion, inactivity and blunder that the whole ownership/management debate seems no further down the road, especially from the club itself.

The not so local rag and it's r/s bias has a lot to answer for, any time genuinely relative questions were raised they were banned and scuttled off to their basket like a scolded dog. Completely different tack to that regarding the Gillette & Hicks fiasco.

Did we ever get to the bottom of what the owners are doing with all the cash coming in and that Other Operating Costs stuff? What's that being spent on?

I see the latest transfer news is that Martinez is looking to provide 'character' additions to the squad via a trawl of the Poundstretcher market AKA the SPL.

I bet the OOC fighting fund is going to get another bumper cheque into it this year.

Carpet baggers.

I'd certainly be willing to be part of a new group that was populated by people with sensible thought out suggestions , but getting rid of the tunnel vision personal hatred that some people have of Bill K and the board would be difficult, and that is what would initially limit any progress. There is a lot of bad feeling amongst groups of supporters...personally I suspect that this is 'an internet thing', but however small the group is, there is no harm, and possibly progress to be made by initialising a meeting. I'd be up for that, but I'm not going to meet people just to have a pointless argument. There are ways to do things, and there are ways not to do things. The first thing to do is construct a process which will get a sensible , polite, mutually respectful dialogue going with the club....not easy based on past 'happenings' but by approaching this in a sensible, open way we might get somewhere. And let us try to bring to an end this 'anti' and 'pro' situation.... the feeling by some that 'if youre not with us youre against us and youre fair game for abuse'. We are all Evertonians and want more or less the same thing.

lol

Mostly fostered by you it has to be said.

MJ...I think you're starting from the wrong point. I sense your frustration but any anti establishment group is going to have difficulty attracting 'moderates' or people with an opposing view. Points need to be raised with the club, but first of all we need to work very hard to make sure that any approach to the club is not viewed with suspicion by the club , and that there is serious forward thinking intent and not just another opportunity on the part of supporters to 'have a bash' at the board. This means drawing a heavy line in the sand and starting afresh. The hardest part will be getting supporters with different points of view to respect opposite views, state their case, and respect the opposite case. Thats the hard part. Along side that the right people should formulate a strategy to open dialogue with the club, sensibly and with mutual respect. If you can't get to talk to the club in a reasonable manner, you'll never get answers to your questions. It should also be accepted that there will be no accusations, simply questions, and no loaded questions. I for one would have no time for anyone who threw any criminal/ civil accusations at the club without the appropriate evidence. Do that, and you can forget any dialogue with the club, and dialogue is what we want, initially.

Last edited:
lol

Mostly fostered by you it has to be said.

Thank you Dave, for giving us all a prime example of the kind of talk that will get us absolutely nowhere. Now that we know were we stand, we might be able to move forward. Line in the sand, Dave, line in the sand.

Thank you Dave, for giving us all a prime example of the kind of talk that will get us absolutely nowhere. Now that we know were we stand, we might be able to move forward. Line in the sand, Dave, line in the sand.

I'm sorry, but I just find it amusing that you of all people - who has strained every fibre to make the debate as toxic as possible between fans - is now leading the charge for unity.

I think you've hit upon something there Steve, but I'm not sure that it even needs a formal meeting, because we can have that sort of dialogue here!

With the caveat that the discussion starts with a line in the sand. No rehashing of old arguments about KD, happy clappers, Kirkby etc etc ad infinitum and the SOLE aim of the discussion is to reach a consensus on what we as a fan's group want to see at EFC in the future and therefore what we see as needing to change to facilitate the end goal.

I personally think that the forums are the weakest way to go about this, because comments are neccessarily random, from random posters, and may deliberately or otherwise hinder the very situation we are trying to create, that is a front that represents a cross section of supporters opinion, but wants sensible and as transperent as possible dialogue with the club on various matters. Otherwise, I agree with you about the line in the sand.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.