The Everton Board Thread 2014/15

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

• Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
A dedicated thread for all discussion concerning the Everton board of directors.

What happened to the last one?

Our current Everton Board Thread (Here) was started back in 2011 and with 15,000+ replies and half a million views, it's clearly an important part of our Everton Forum.

But to the casual viewer, it's outdated and it's size is not constructive to behind the scene forum performance.

So, we've made the decision to create a new Everton Board Thread for every new season - allowing an optimised thread, that is immediately relevant and representative to the current day. We will of course, save the prior threads for archive.

Rule Reminder

An opportunity then to remind you all that usual rules apply.

I appreciate there are some fans who are particularly passionate about the Everton board, but understand and appreciate that any slanderous post regarding ANY Everton staff member will be dealt with exactly in the same manner as a slanderous post against another member of GrandOldTeam. Please make yourself familiar with our guidelines before contributing to any thread;

Contributions must not:
a ) Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
b ) Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
c ) Promote sexually explicit material;
d ) Promote violence;
e ) Promote discrimination based on race, sex religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other reason;
f ) Infringe any intellectual property right including but not limited to any copyright, database right, trade mark, patent, or design right (whether registered or not) of any other person;
g ) Be likely to deceive any person;
h ) Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
i ) Promote any illegal activity;
j ) Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
k ) Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
l ) Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
m ) Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
n ) Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful at such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
o) Break any applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
p) Poor, profane or obscene language of any type is not welcome - even in jest.​

So putting the OOCs to one side for a moment, as no one on either side will make much ground on the matter.

Is Kenwright the right man to take us forward after countless failed moves and investment. And lies and proper gander campaign against others.

Also...

Do you believe Everton are for sale or is he looking just for investment to keep hold of the club

Is this acceptable to people out there?

I believe we are for sale but the price we are for sale at is a way over valued hence we haven't been bought in over a decade of being on sale.

So they either don't want to sell or are out of touch with what's a reasonable price for a business which needs dynamic owners and leadership to be able to win stuff, as that business has been known for throughout most of its history.

I think we don't know very much about anything - which is a shame - and that while it's good to have an ongoing discussion, we don't have enough evidence to draw steadfast conclusions that support or damn the current board.

This thread was great in the past because it brought things to light that most of us would never have noticed.

I believe we are for sale but the price we are for sale at is a way over valued hence we haven't been bought in over a decade of being on sale.

So they either don't want to sell or are out of touch with what's a reasonable price for a business which needs dynamic owners and leadership to be able to win stuff, as that business has been known for throughout most of its history.

Close thread. You've saved GOT bandwidth and heartache.

When Kenwright says he's "looking for investment," could that mean he's looking to replace one of the major shareholders, but the others aren't looking to exit? If I were looking to purchase shares in a football club, I don't think I'd be as excited to buy 25% as I would be to buy 51%.

I think we don't know very much about anything - which is a shame - and that while it's good to have an ongoing discussion, we don't have enough evidence to draw steadfast conclusions that support or damn the current board.

This thread was great in the past because it brought things to light that most of us would never have noticed.

I am reasonably confident that those documents and stuff will make a swift return!

When Kenwright says he's "looking for investment," could that mean he's looking to replace one of the major shareholders, but the others aren't looking to exit? If I were looking to purchase shares in a football club, I don't think I'd be as excited to buy 25% as I would be to buy 51%.
In my opinion he made a mistake in trying to strengthen his position by inviting people into owning a stake of the club that wouldn't rise against him, a la Gregg.

The problem is that those people now involved see their share in Everton as being part of a portfolio that will pay dividends for them without them having much interest in investing or growing the business they are involved in.

..I wonder what the price we are asking is and how that differs from what folk will pay. I mean if we are a 3 bed semi in Maghull we wouldn't ask £500k, or perhaps Bill would.

For as much pride or folly Kenwright will not want to sell up and be remembered as an owner of an Everton who didn't win anything and presided over two embarrassing failed ground moves.

I'm guessing as much as anyone else but I think we will see movement if a new ground can be secured as his way of leaving a positive legacy.

I can't say I have much hope of it coming to fruition but hey. What is football without hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.