The Everton Board Thread 2014/15

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

• Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are concerned about the condition of the club and do class themselves as moderates I'd highly recommend they have a look through the KEIOC website first as its got lots of good factual stuff. Some very sound blues have committed a lot of time into it, I'd rather they got first dibs on engaging disgruntled fans.

There's a saying in my line of work "whoever you work for, the smartest people work for someone else". It's increasingly the case that orgs are looking to external people not just for their cash, but for their brains. All the research in this field shows that those external people get involved in projects because they dig the topic. It's a passion, you know?

The club are getting better at engaging with fans, but they're still a long way off (imo) actually tapping into the many talents we have amongst our fanbase. Or indeed anything that's remotely non-traditional really (I mentioned in another thread about crowdfunding a stadium).

I'm inclined to think that there's a whole lot about running a football club that is incredibly traditional, and I'm not sure the club have it in them really to truly break that mould of how things could/should be done.

I note that Reading FC - yes, Reading - are the subject of interest from US consortia and from an Indian investor. Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Portsmouth, etc ad nauseam have been bought and sold many times over. Liverpool and Man City have each changed hands twice since Kenwright became "Everton's owner". And yet "no-one's buying football clubs".

He has no intention of selling.

I note that Reading FC - yes, Reading - are the subject of interest from US consortia and from an Indian investor. Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Portsmouth, etc ad nauseam have been bought and sold many times over. Liverpool and Man City have each changed hands twice since Kenwright became "Everton's owner". And yet "no-one's buying football clubs".

He has no intention of selling.

I think he wants to sell, but he's not prepared to sell the entire club and wants to continue in a honorary role under a new chairman.

I don't think any investor wants to go into business with Ken Wright though. That's the sticking point imo

This might have been mooted before but I am only a nipper by GOT standards and I can't find it.

If there is so much dissatisfaction then why haven't the disgruntled blues - and there are many - gone down the fan ownership route?

Obviously this is not the same as a billionaire coming in and buying us a top four spot, however it could be a transitional step that would see the people owning the club being the people who care about it the most and marketing it. These fan ownership bids usually pop up at clubs and rather than being successful sees them being flogged to another richer investor.

Not to pretend I know about the ins and outs of this sort of thing! Just wondering about it.

Like any reasonable person I assume it means: Keep Everton In Our City - in other words - make sure Everton Football Club stay within the city of Liverpool, which is an aim that has been achieved.

Wrong.

The name was changed not long after the result of the inquiry.

See avatar to the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.