The Everton Board Thread 2014/15

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

• Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion he made a mistake in trying to strengthen his position by inviting people into owning a stake of the club that wouldn't rise against him, a la Gregg.

The problem is that those people now involved see their share in Everton as being part of a portfolio that will pay dividends for them without them having much interest in investing or growing the business they are involved in.

I take this to mean that you think the owners are looking for a return on their investment at sale, and not regular dividends?

Didn't Elstone say that a prospectus was put together and given out to possible investors / buyers?

I don't think Bill is looking to sell his shares. I think he would if the right offer came along, but that offer won't come along unless someone is truly determined to buy Everton FC, not just any football club. I think Bill's dream is to own a successful Everton.

I think he has put his faith in the wrong people at the club, as well as made some poor choices (such as allowing the Kitbag deal to go through) in his quest to get Everton a new stadium without being able to fund it himself.

I do not necessarily believe the Kenwright must leave for Everton to succeed, but something does have to change. The club needs a shakeup in regards to the commercial side and needs to present itself as one of the top clubs in the world. I think Martinez is a good manager to lead that revolution on the pitch, but we need an equal visionary in the boardroom to carry that to fruition.

My opinion is less Kenwright out and more Elstone out. Elstone has failed to grow the business as well as one would expect with the explosive growth of the Premier League, and I do think that a good or great CEO would see Everton in a much more positive position moving forward.

Obviously, this is all speculation, but I find it both odd and concerning that our turnover is so much less than teams like Spurs and Newcastle.

..I wonder what the price we are asking is and how that differs from what folk will pay. I mean if we are a 3 bed semi in Maghull we wouldn't ask £500k, or perhaps Bill would.

If you had planning permission to turn your 3 bed semi into a 6 bedroomed detatched with a swimming pool you might!

I take this to mean that you think the owners are looking for a return on their investment at sale, and not regular dividends?

Some owners are some are not is my best guess. I'm sure Kenwright would ideally like to see an emotional dividend in his team winning something where some of the others just want a quick buck.

But its very clear that the owners need to produce funds for the manager to operate without saddling us with debt in the process.

We have not had that "luxury" for far, far too long and as a result this season will mark the twentieth anniversary of Everton winning a trophy. Which is tragic.

Its unfair on KEIOC taking some stick in trying to ask the right questions as they are going about it in the right way, admittedly with some learning curves along the way. At the heart of it is a really good bunch of committed long term blues.

They're a useful tool to have in educating fellow blues who have valid questions on the way were being ran.

I'm also very pleased to see the AGMs reengaged. Shocking decision to curtail them in the first place if you're looking to engage shareholders and fans alike.

But on the flip side of that some of us need to be careful in antagonising the more moderate members of the fanbase. Their perceived apathy is mocked and the clappers thing used as barb to beat them with.

All that is doing is driving the wedge further between two sets of the same supporters. I believe there's many Evertonians out there wanting positive change but don't have the right moderate vehicle to do so. I believe KEIOC is inclusive enough to offer that but some hearts must be appeased first.

We all want the same thing, to see a boss Everton doing things in the right way. But we must not ever be conditioned into accepting being also rans. Were much better than that.

But on the flip side of that some of us need to be careful in antagonising the more moderate members of the fanbase. Their perceived apathy is mocked and the clappers thing used as barb to beat them with.

All that is doing is driving the wedge further between two sets of the same supporters. I believe there's many Evertonians out there wanting positive change but don't have the right moderate vehicle to do so. I believe KEIOC is inclusive enough to offer that but some hearts must be appeased first.

We all want the same thing, to see a boss Everton doing things in the right way. But we must not ever be conditioned into accepting being also rans. Were much better than that.
This is a really good point and one that should be made clearly. I've suggested a few times that a fan action group be created (or perhaps born from KEIOC) that is not under the KEIOC or BU banner. Both of those names have a political connotation that is not obviously inclusive of all fans.

KEIOC is further limited in the sense that I'm sure a large portion of the fanbase fails to realize that they are still active - their name is successful, and many might assume they folded when Kirkby failed.

But Evertonians do need an inclusive representation group. One that is not hostile to any of the parties involved, but is clearly designed for the sole purpose of improving Everton. We do need that vehicle of change, or we tie ourselves to the mercy of the ownership of the club. I think Evertonians natural drollness plays against us here, as we tend to mock things rather than be seen to care too much.

The moderate fanbase sees problems with the current status, they do, but with results being solid on the pitch and no easy way to make their voices heard, they shrug and move on. This leaves the calls for action distant, and oftentimes apparently extremist - which is bad for the health of the club and the supporters.

Perhaps a new group, or a simple name change with some new polish would be a good way forward.

For those who are concerned about the condition of the club and do class themselves as moderates I'd highly recommend they have a look through the KEIOC website first as its got lots of good factual stuff. Some very sound blues have committed a lot of time into it, I'd rather they got first dibs on engaging disgruntled fans.

For those who are concerned about the condition of the club and do class themselves as moderates I'd highly recommend they have a look through the KEIOC website first as its got lots of good factual stuff. Some very sound blues have committed a lot of time into it, I'd rather they got first dibs on engaging disgruntled fans.
Their website still lists their position as being against the Kirkby stadium project, and the most recent posting was in January.

I will peruse their site over the coming weeks, but these are the sort of things that need updating. Kirkby is no longer an issue, Everton will not be leaving the city. I'm sure these are good and sound blues with day jobs and KEIOC is being run as a passion project. I respect that, but I feel as though perhaps Evertonians as a group need an action committee that is more globally focused on the problems relating to the club and able to get the word out more effectively.

KEIOC can be that vehicle, I don't mind, but it needs to be inclusive, active, educational, and easy to consume.

Status
Not open for further replies.