The Everton Board Thread 2014/15

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

• Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know exactly what infrastructure means, I'm not quite sure you do tbh.

I don't look for negatives they hit me pretty much every time when it comes how we are run. I went through liverpool airport this morning, Liverpool signage and merchandise everywhere. You wouldn't even know we existed if you were a tourist.
Cant argue with that it can be depressing.

Concessions were slow in the paddock, queued for 20 min then they closed as we got to the counter, some old jobsworth behind the counter going, that's it, don't serve anyone else, there was only me and my daughter and another couple behind us. Had f all left anyway, not impressed with the attitude. Service sector? Hello? R soles. Get stuffed, I'll spend my money outside the ground in future. 'kin dark ages.

Concessions were slow in the paddock, queued for 20 min then they closed as we got to the counter, some old jobsworth behind the counter going, that's it, don't serve anyone else, there was only me and my daughter and another couple behind us. Had f all left anyway, not impressed with the attitude. Service sector? Hello? R soles. Get stuffed, I'll spend my money outside the ground in future. 'kin dark ages.
Is right Mark, make a banner mate.

If the esk is correct then he has well and truly knocked the well run club myth into a cocked hat.

I suspect there are certain parts of the club which are very well run, EITC, player wellfare, treatment of former players for example.

We're even pretty good in the transfer market on the rare occasions we deal.

However we cannot be called a well run club when our finances still lag our peers and the progress in finding new investment or new owners is so tortuous

I suspect there are certain parts of the club which are very well run, EITC, player wellfare, treatment of former players for example.

We're even pretty good in the transfer market on the rare occasions we deal.

However we cannot be called a well run club when our finances still lag our peers and the progress in finding new investment or new owners is so tortuous
The biggest issue, at least the one that can be reasonably considered to be a feasible area of improvement, is the marketing of the club. The current board is really awful at it. It's incredibly frustrating when so many objectively smaller clubs have commercial deals that are significantly more lucrative than ours.

The biggest issue, at least the one that can be reasonably considered to be a feasible area of improvement, is the marketing of the club. The current board is really awful at it. It's incredibly frustrating when so many objectively smaller clubs have commercial deals that are significantly more lucrative than ours.

Agree our marketing is terrible. Our commercial deals probably reflect the out-sourcing of of our commercial arrangements due to the capital pressures on the club in recent years (somewhat relieved by the broadcasting windfalls but nevertheless still present).

All comes back to the same thing - a definite lack of capital and a lack of the necessary skills in running the club at Board level.

Liverpool' is the name of the city.Its natural that there would be some promotion for the club that bears the name of the city. Do you deny that feedback from the majority of other clubs is that Everton are one of the best run clubs in the league.Within our financial capabilities we continually exceed expectations, according to many. On the fiels we regualarly supply two or three players for the England team and our squad on paper is much better than all but the very rich few at the top of the league. Everton is a well run, efficiently organised club.

You could say I made a very good cake considering I only had a biscuit to make it with..its a moot point. All depends on the measurement criteria, as a football team we 'punch above...ad nauseum', sickening for a club of our considered stature, as a club, no. The commercial activities are all done from desperation with no margin for growth. No obvious business plan, no plan to address the stadium issue that can be managed by the club itself,no will or desire or ability to invest and develop a sstrategy to move forward.

The reason we are considered a well run club by others is because we are no longer a threat and every compliment is tinged with condescension.

Agree our marketing is terrible. Our commercial deals probably reflect the out-sourcing of of our commercial arrangements due to the capital pressures on the club in recent years (somewhat relieved by the broadcasting windfalls but nevertheless still present).

All comes back to the same thing - a definite lack of capital and a lack of the necessary skills in running the club at Board level.

You've missed out desire and willingness too. Pardon me...

Status
Not open for further replies.