Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite youth commentator will be up soon . Good morning Eggs , do you think Simms has progressed enough to warrant a place in our squad , given one more season on loan or is just in the shop window ?

My favourite youth commentator will be up soon . Good morning Eggs , do you think Simms has progressed enough to warrant a place in our squad , given one more season on loan or is just in the shop window ?

....I’m not exactly sure of his contract situation. More specifically, another loan will see the end of his current deal.

Interesting that we have struggled for an effective back-up striker all season, yet Simms was hardly involved (I think he was an unused substitute once). My assumption is Simms was nowhere near considered for the first team.

I can understand this. I watched one of his last U23 games and he offered very little. His hold up play was ordinary and he was uncompetitive challenging CBs when the ball was played up to him. Saying that, he comes alive when the ball is played behind the back four or is in the box. He’s a goalscorer.

I have no idea what the club will make of this loan. They will want a lot more than a player who lacks so much in his all-around game. Saying that, there will be concern that they could be releasing a player who could ultimately be effective at a decent level. It’s a bit of a quandary, I’d be more of a view that he won’t be in the squad next season.

....I’m not exactly sure of his contract situation. More specifically, another loan will see the end of his current deal.

Interesting that we have struggled for an effective back-up striker all season, yet Simms was hardly involved (I think he was an unused substitute once). My assumption is Simms was nowhere near considered for the first team.

I can understand this. I watched one of his last U23 games and he offered very little. His hold up play was ordinary and he was uncompetitive challenging CBs when the ball was played up to him. Saying that, he comes alive when the ball is played behind the back four or is in the box. He’s a goalscorer.

I have no idea what the club will make of this loan. They will want a lot more than a player who lacks so much in his all-around game. Saying that, there will be concern that they could be releasing a player who could ultimately be effective at a decent level. It’s a bit of a quandary, I’d be more of a view that he won’t be in the squad next season.
Wow , I wasn't expecting something so concise . You've answered all my follow on questions .
Cheers Eggs .

Buzzing for Simms, this is the kind of development you want. He is a big brute mind suited to mens football.
He actually looks an even bigger brute now than when he was playing for our u23s. Unusually for him both goals were not as cleanly finished as he usually does. He’s made more progress this season which is good to see. We’ve probably done as much as we can in terms of development versus playing actual games, we’ve worked hard on improving his hold up play, his heading is still weak , another loan next season would be the way to go for me.

He actually looks an even bigger brute now than when he was playing for our u23s. Unusually for him both goals were not as cleanly finished as he usually does. He’s made more progress this season which is good to see. We’ve probably done as much as we can in terms of development versus playing actual games, we’ve worked hard on improving his hold up play, his heading is still weak , another loan next season would be the way to go for me.
Another season at Blackpool will do him the world of good.

....you know more than me, but wouldn’t another loan see him at the end of his current contract?

if so, the club might not want to extend his current deal unless they feel they can recoup investment. I suppose a buy-back or sell-on clause is another option if there is a bit of interest in him.

I think Simms is one we’re we can get a bit of hope from, the others JJ Kenny and Gordon we need to move on as they are simply not good enough

gordon is more talented than simms, i'm not sure either will get many opportunities with us though, this time next year will be decision time for their future at everton i'd say.
kenny is in a completely different category, we know his everton career has been over a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.