Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
....yep, I concentrate more on Gordon because he’s an Academy graduate. He’s in that slightly different Academy category that actually broke into the squad and made appearances before not pushing on & going on loan. Perhaps he could be in the grouping with Pennington, Galloway (I appreciate he was purchased into the Academy) & even Kenny.

Osman was a serious talent. Probably only 2nd to Rooney in my many years watching the youngsters. The club knew what they had.

Similar to yourself, I’m an admirer of Gordon. He can leave opposition players behind with that sway and very decent acceleration. He’s also a very good striker of the ball (notice he was given responsibility for free-kicks into the box with the first team). I just feel he concentrated on being ‘safe’ for Ancelotti, focusing more on what he did without the ball than with it.

i haven’t given up hope, but the signs aren’t good. The really good ones have arrogance & real belief in their ability.
I hope, when he returns from what has been a very poor loan (I think Preston need to shoulder most of the blame for that), he sits down with Ancelotti and Gordon listens to what Ancelotti is telling him. He seems a good player, who you would hope can contribute here, but he's got a long way to develop.

....yep, I concentrate more on Gordon because he’s an Academy graduate. He’s in that slightly different Academy category that actually broke into the squad and made appearances before not pushing on & going on loan. Perhaps he could be in the grouping with Pennington, Galloway (I appreciate he was purchased into the Academy) & even Kenny.

Osman was a serious talent. Probably only 2nd to Rooney in my many years watching the youngsters. The club knew what they had.

Similar to yourself, I’m an admirer of Gordon. He can leave opposition players behind with that sway and very decent acceleration. He’s also a very good striker of the ball (notice he was given responsibility for free-kicks into the box with the first team). I just feel he concentrated on being ‘safe’ for Ancelotti, focusing more on what he did without the ball than with it.

i haven’t given up hope, but the signs aren’t good. The really good ones have arrogance & real belief in their ability.

I think he's already ahead of the likes of Pennington as he broke in younger and has games where he has excelled. Galloway I always found an odd case, and probably struggled for the change of manager.

Osman was a very good talent, but after his 2 big knee injuries there were some doubts about him. I don't think Moyes had him in his plans at all, but he kind of forced his way in.

I think he lost his way a bit this season. Some time away from the game, to grow, rest and think is never a bad thing. If I were him, I'd be doing everything I could do be in top shape for pre-season and try to start with a bit of a bang.

As always though, and as my dad would say, there is always another "cab off the rank". Lewis Dobbin should be fit and will certainly be looking to make an impression, and young Whittaker is a similar type of player who has made a very handy impression at under 23 level. This summer is the one for Gordon to make that impression or he my find younger players just push ahead of him.

I think he's already ahead of the likes of Pennington as he broke in younger and has games where he has excelled. Galloway I always found an odd case, and probably struggled for the change of manager.

Osman was a very good talent, but after his 2 big knee injuries there were some doubts about him. I don't think Moyes had him in his plans at all, but he kind of forced his way in.

I think he lost his way a bit this season. Some time away from the game, to grow, rest and think is never a bad thing. If I were him, I'd be doing everything I could do be in top shape for pre-season and try to start with a bit of a bang.

As always though, and as my dad would say, there is always another "cab off the rank". Lewis Dobbin should be fit and will certainly be looking to make an impression, and young Whittaker is a similar type of player who has made a very handy impression at under 23 level. This summer is the one for Gordon to make that impression or he my find younger players just push ahead of him.

....yep, I suppose he could look at Barkley who failed to get much game time on loan but went on to become a full international. Barkley, though, had the arrogance Gordon might lack. Fingers crossed, time will tell.

....yep, I suppose he could look at Barkley who failed to get much game time on loan but went on to become a full international. Barkley, though, had the arrogance Gordon might lack. Fingers crossed, time will tell.

Yes I agree with that, and Barkley had a pedigree Gordon probably didn't as well. But you are right, that switch in mentality to seeing yourself as the guy who needs to win Everton the game has to be his thoughts. I'm sure that's how James and Richarlison feel.

It's all there with Gordon, and it's odd he didn't kick on, but it can happen. Probably trying to clear his head a bit, and go back to what he is naturally good at would be a big step in the right direction to me and what I would advise him if I were a coach. He looks to me to be a player who will be best if he plays on instinct and tries to influence games positively with the ball.

I saw an interview with Oxlade Chamberlain recently who said he is judged not on pass completion but on making key passes into the box to create chances. He is prepared to sacrifice pass accuracy for that. Thats what I think Gordon has to focus on, beating players, getting shots off and putting penetrative passes through.

For me Gordon needs to make the most of this summer. Hopefully he will be with the first team and will get a chance to show his worth. What didn't help his cause were Iwobi and Bernard as they were always going to get chances ahead of him. Hopefully with 1 or both gone it will allow him a chance to be on the bench then its up to him to force his way in. I think by the winter we will have a better idea. If its another loan I think the writing is on the wall. If he's still around the squad then he has a chance. However there seems a lot of potential beneath so it really could be last chance saloon already.

Yes I agree with that, and Barkley had a pedigree Gordon probably didn't as well. But you are right, that switch in mentality to seeing yourself as the guy who needs to win Everton the game has to be his thoughts. I'm sure that's how James and Richarlison feel.

It's all there with Gordon, and it's odd he didn't kick on, but it can happen. Probably trying to clear his head a bit, and go back to what he is naturally good at would be a big step in the right direction to me and what I would advise him if I were a coach. He looks to me to be a player who will be best if he plays on instinct and tries to influence games positively with the ball.

I saw an interview with Oxlade Chamberlain recently who said he is judged not on pass completion but on making key passes into the box to create chances. He is prepared to sacrifice pass accuracy for that. Thats what I think Gordon has to focus on, beating players, getting shots off and putting penetrative passes through.
I liked what I saw of him. I thought that last season, he did make an impression coming off the bench. This season, he seemed more subdued, and all the focus was on not tracking back and defending.
I think he has talent that need nurturing.
If we don’t develop him. He’ll end up at somewhere like like Norwich playing sparkling football and well all be cursing.

It seems mad to me that we have a side so lacking in attacking flair and we haven’t found a way to get the most out of him.

Simms super sub today. Straight on straight in 1-0. Emphatic finish and things looking good for him and us. As stated at the time was hoping his loan would work out like Coleman's did. Well the big fellah is certainly doing his best for the Tangerine cause. A Toffee who will get his hands on a trophy this season :D

QVNIMTIwNTI5OTEz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.