Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
League Cup
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started, scored the second goal and was substituted in the 87th minute of a 2-0 home win over Bournemouth

OS Match Report
"After a third interruption Albion almost doubled their lead when Broadhead got on the end of a beautifully flighted cross and was only denied by a fingertip save from Travers as the ball headed for the bottom corner."
"Sarkic was allowed room to drive a low cross through the box and BROADHEAD was there at the far post to squeeze it home."
"Albion continued to go in search of a third goal and it almost arrived when Sarkic set up Broadhead again but this time his curling effort was wide of the target."

Twitter stuff
17. CLOSE!!! Broadhead's curled effort to the near post from 20 yards almost catches Travers out, but he recovers in time to tip it over!
CHANCE!!!!! Broadhead receives a cross from the right and his low shot is saved by Travers.
90+8. Goalscorer turns provider as Sarkic's back post cross is turned in by Broadhead!
90+17. Broadhead curls over from the edge of the box after a quick counter!

Reading - Joao Virginia played full match in 1-1 away draw (lost on penalties) with Wolverhampton Wanderers

OS Match Report
"It was a direct ball forward to Patrick Cutrone which flummoxed the Royals’ rearguard; João Virginia produced a fine one-handed stop to deny the Italian."
"Cutrone gave his marker the slip as he received a throw-in; the forward squared for Jordao, whose fizzing shot evaded João Virginia’s grasp and into the net."
"Morgan Gibbs-White had sent in a low cross which Virginia had saved bravely."

Reading manager Jose Gomes: "He (Virginia) did good things but we cannot hide the way we conceded that goal so we need to help him recover to be better in the future."

Twitter stuff
13' Good save, @1JoaoVirginia @Wolves break quickly as Cutrone is found in space on the edge of the area, getting a shot away and forcing a solid stop from the #ReadingFC 'keeper.
17' Good defending again from the #Royals...A cross-field pass finds its way to Vinagre on the left flank, who puts in a dangerous low cross and @1JoaoVirginia
is there to claim.

Fan comments
"Just terminate Virginia’s loan now please."
"Virginia is the worst keeper I have seen in a Reading shirt in almost 25 years."
"He looks like me in goal. On a bad day. Terrified, full of awful positioning, flinched saves into his own net and zero confidence."

League Cup
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started, scored the second goal and was substituted in the 87th minute of a 2-0 home win over Bournemouth

OS Match Report
"After a third interruption Albion almost doubled their lead when Broadhead got on the end of a beautifully flighted cross and was only denied by a fingertip save from Travers as the ball headed for the bottom corner."
"Sarkic was allowed room to drive a low cross through the box and BROADHEAD was there at the far post to squeeze it home."
"Albion continued to go in search of a third goal and it almost arrived when Sarkic set up Broadhead again but this time his curling effort was wide of the target."

Twitter stuff
17. CLOSE!!! Broadhead's curled effort to the near post from 20 yards almost catches Travers out, but he recovers in time to tip it over!
CHANCE!!!!! Broadhead receives a cross from the right and his low shot is saved by Travers.
90+8. Goalscorer turns provider as Sarkic's back post cross is turned in by Broadhead!
90+17. Broadhead curls over from the edge of the box after a quick counter!

Reading - Joao Virginia played full match in 1-1 away draw (lost on penalties) with Wolverhampton Wanderers

OS Match Report
"It was a direct ball forward to Patrick Cutrone which flummoxed the Royals’ rearguard; João Virginia produced a fine one-handed stop to deny the Italian."
"Cutrone gave his marker the slip as he received a throw-in; the forward squared for Jordao, whose fizzing shot evaded João Virginia’s grasp and into the net."
"Morgan Gibbs-White had sent in a low cross which Virginia had saved bravely."

Reading manager Jose Gomes: "He (Virginia) did good things but we cannot hide the way we conceded that goal so we need to help him recover to be better in the future."

Twitter stuff
13' Good save, @1JoaoVirginia @Wolves break quickly as Cutrone is found in space on the edge of the area, getting a shot away and forcing a solid stop from the #ReadingFC 'keeper.
17' Good defending again from the #Royals...A cross-field pass finds its way to Vinagre on the left flank, who puts in a dangerous low cross and @1JoaoVirginia
is there to claim.

Fan comments
"Just terminate Virginia’s loan now please."
"Virginia is the worst keeper I have seen in a Reading shirt in almost 25 years."
"He looks like me in goal. On a bad day. Terrified, full of awful positioning, flinched saves into his own net and zero confidence."

....Virginia needed to stake a claim to get his first team place back but failed. Difficult to see him getting much game time now before the end of the season, difficult to see him becoming our no2 next season.

....Virginia needed to stake a claim to get his first team place back but failed. Difficult to see him getting much game time now before the end of the season, difficult to see him becoming our no2 next season.
It's going to be tough for him. When he left he was being talked of an eventual back-up for Pickford. Now it's likely he is at most going to get the occasional game from Reading and in all probability return with the likelihood of another loan or a career in England being very low. More than anyone else, a young keeper can't afford to be seen as patchy or unreliable. Virginia now has two senior games showcasing those qualities. As you say, chances here extremely low when you look at our youth goalkeeper turnover.

It's going to be tough for him. When he left he was being talked of an eventual back-up for Pickford. Now it's likely he is at most going to get the occasional game from Reading and in all probability return with the likelihood of another loan or a career in England being very low. More than anyone else, a young keeper can't afford to be seen as patchy or unreliable. Virginia now has two senior games showcasing those qualities. As you say, chances here extremely low when you look at our youth goalkeeper turnover.

....and I doubt he’ll come back in January. I imagine Everton will want to keep him off the wage bill for the full season. It’s such a shame but it’s a ruthless business, especially in open-age football where points and Cup elimination is concerned.

It's still possible Kenny will pull a Coleman as of result of the experience on loan.

....it is, but I suspect he’ll be wanting to stay if his good form continues and we will be looking be looking to buy a RB. I think Silva is on record as saying he wants to buy a RB as competition for Coleman which suggests he doesn’t feel that exists at the club.

....it is, but I suspect he’ll be wanting to stay if his good form continues and we will be looking be looking to buy a RB. I think Silva is on record as saying he wants to buy a RB as competition for Coleman which suggests he doesn’t feel that exists at the club.
True, but perhaps Kenny's performances over the season might catch his eye. We don't know for now but I hope he makes it with us.

Kenny is the only other right back in our squad isn't he? Bar the loanee we have for a season. Coleman Won't have that spot much longer. He has absolutely every chance of being our first choice right back next season

Kenny is the only other right back in our squad isn't he? Bar the loanee we have for a season. Coleman Won't have that spot much longer. He has absolutely every chance of being our first choice right back next season

...Holgate, perhaps. If Kenny had a chance of being first choice RB, I think he’d be here now and getting plenty of game time. I suspect he’s on loan because Silva didn’t want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.