Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I prefer the 2nd, love seeing wide players getting on the end of things in the 6 yard box.
@Eggs , I thought of your comment when I read this ;)

Nathan Broadhead v Gillingham: "It was a lovely goal. We were more impressed with the second one actually, to come from the position he was in and to be in the middle of the six-yard box, tapping it in. He's going to get more goals like that" -Nigel Clough

Championship
Derby County - Kieran Dowell played the full match in a 2-2 away draw at Stoke City

OS Match Report
"It took just two minutes for Derby to find the back of the net after winning possession back in the centre of the park. The ball made its way out to the left to Scott Malone who crossed into Kieran Dowell. The midfielder fed through to Waghorn who lashed his effort past Jack Butland into the right corner."
"Dowell was in the midst of the action again minutes later when he flung in a free-kick effort from the right side of the area which Butland batted away. His headed effort was then deflected just wide for a corner.
On the 25-minute mark, Dowell whipped a free-kick into the area to Matt Clarke on the back post, but the defender’s header was a comfortable save for Stoke’s keeper."
"Just after the hour mark, the Rams went on the attack and Tom Lawrence fed out to Dowell down the right of the area. Dowell drove towards the goal looking to fire past Butland, but the No. 1 made a comfortable stop."

Twitter stuff
2' | What a start that is! After a lovely move, @KieranDowell1 feeds @MWaghorn_9 and our #9 makes no mistake with the finish!
12' | @KieranDowell1's wide free-kick is palmed away by Butland, after @FJozefzoon was fouled on the edge of the box...
63' | @KieranDowell1 finds a yard of space but his effort loops into the hands of Butland.

Fan comments
"I think Dowell needs to start doing the simple things well as he looks quite frustrating so far. You can tell there’s a player in there but sometimes he will do something so ordinary you just think that’s not good enough."
"Yeah I think Dowell has good ability I'm just not sure why he looks to be struggling. The set pieces v Swansea were those moments where you say it's just not good enough. He should follow the advice that Cocu gave Clarke. Just get a feel for the ball and start knocking it about. Grow into the games."
"As a counter argument on Dowell, can you remember how Wilson and Tomori played in the first three games last year? Sometimes it takes a player, particularly a loan player a bit of time to find their feet and get going."
"Dowell poor."
"Dowell looks promising, but it just isn't quite coming off for him yet."
"I'm not ruling him not good enough but I don't think Dowell is going to patch up much of the hole left by Mount or Wilson. He's not looking very good so far"
"He’s an odd one, appears to skirt around the edges of the game, there’s times when you can go 15 mins without really noticing him even though he may have touched the ball a number times."

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Rotherham United

OS Match Report
"Albion were almost off to a flier inside the first minute. Nathan Broadhead did superbly to control a cross from Lucas Akins deep to the back post and after bringing the ball under his spell the young Welshman created room for a shot from a tight angle that crashed back out off the frame of the goal with John Brayford just unable to capitalise on the loose ball. And it was Broadhead again on eight minutes with a low shot that was smothered by keeper Daniel Iversen after a probing pass from Fraser had opened up the defence."
"but the final chance of the game fell to Broadhead who spurned a glorious chance for a stoppage time equaliser scooping Boyce's low centre over the bar."

Twitter stuff
1. CROSSBAR!!! Cracking first touch from Broadhead in the box from Akins' whipped cross. Up against the defender, he tries to squeeze one in at the near-post but it rattles the woodwork and bounces clear!
4. Broadhead showing for it early - pulls a 25-yard effort wide of the far post.
8. Fraser sees a low effort deflected narrowly wide before Broadhead then tees up a shot after a surging forward run but Daniel Iversen is down well to collect.
19. CLOSE! What a chance that is. Lovely slide-rule passes from Quinn and Broadhead then Fraser finds Lucas in the box. His shot deflects up, and on the volley, Scotty fires over from 12 yards.
31. Broadhead curls a long-range free kick narrowly over the bar.
59. Low cross from the right by Edwards is held by Iversen - important that the keeper got there as Broadhead was steaming in.
90+2. CLOSE. Was that the chance? Excellent run down the right from Boyce, plays a superb cross into Broadhead, but Nathan fires over.

Fan comments
"I'd like to see a natural wide man out wide and I'm "itching" to see Broadhead get a run up top."
"First 10 mins Broadhead looked unplayable, hit the bar and at least two other (poss 3) saves from their 'keeper. I hear people saying play him in his best position, but to me he is looking great in the advanced left side."
"Broadhead is described as a forward and for me there is a difference between a forward and a wide man (winger). Broadhead has a confident first touch I’d like to see him up front in a two with Boyce but it’s not the way we play."

German Bundesliga
Schalke 04 - Jonjoe Kenny played full match in 0-0 away draw at Borussia Mönchengladbach

Was fairly overwhelming man of the match on one of their forums.

Fan comments
"Kenny a player with a lot of commitment and courage"
"I like Kenny a lot"
"Kenny played really well today"
"Kenny's was a really powerful performance, He could be one of our strengths"

Josh Bowler was an unused sub for Hull City
Matthew Pennington and Korede Adedoyin were not in matchday squads..

Championship
Derby County - Kieran Dowell played the full match in a 2-2 away draw at Stoke City

OS Match Report
"It took just two minutes for Derby to find the back of the net after winning possession back in the centre of the park. The ball made its way out to the left to Scott Malone who crossed into Kieran Dowell. The midfielder fed through to Waghorn who lashed his effort past Jack Butland into the right corner."
"Dowell was in the midst of the action again minutes later when he flung in a free-kick effort from the right side of the area which Butland batted away. His headed effort was then deflected just wide for a corner.
On the 25-minute mark, Dowell whipped a free-kick into the area to Matt Clarke on the back post, but the defender’s header was a comfortable save for Stoke’s keeper."
"Just after the hour mark, the Rams went on the attack and Tom Lawrence fed out to Dowell down the right of the area. Dowell drove towards the goal looking to fire past Butland, but the No. 1 made a comfortable stop."

Twitter stuff
2' | What a start that is! After a lovely move, @KieranDowell1 feeds @MWaghorn_9 and our #9 makes no mistake with the finish!
12' | @KieranDowell1's wide free-kick is palmed away by Butland, after @FJozefzoon was fouled on the edge of the box...
63' | @KieranDowell1 finds a yard of space but his effort loops into the hands of Butland.

Fan comments
"I think Dowell needs to start doing the simple things well as he looks quite frustrating so far. You can tell there’s a player in there but sometimes he will do something so ordinary you just think that’s not good enough."
"Yeah I think Dowell has good ability I'm just not sure why he looks to be struggling. The set pieces v Swansea were those moments where you say it's just not good enough. He should follow the advice that Cocu gave Clarke. Just get a feel for the ball and start knocking it about. Grow into the games."
"As a counter argument on Dowell, can you remember how Wilson and Tomori played in the first three games last year? Sometimes it takes a player, particularly a loan player a bit of time to find their feet and get going."
"Dowell poor."
"I'm not ruling him not good enough but I don't think Dowell is going to patch up much of the hole left by Mount or Wilson. He's not looking very good so far"
"He’s an odd one, appears to skirt around the edges of the game, there’s times when you can go 15 mins without really noticing him even though he may have touched the ball a number times."

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Rotherham United

OS Match Report
"Albion were almost off to a flier inside the first minute. Nathan Broadhead did superbly to control a cross from Lucas Akins deep to the back post and after bringing the ball under his spell the young Welshman created room for a shot from a tight angle that crashed back out off the frame of the goal with John Brayford just unable to capitalise on the loose ball. And it was Broadhead again on eight minutes with a low shot that was smothered by keeper Daniel Iversen after a probing pass from Fraser had opened up the defence."
"but the final chance of the game fell to Broadhead who spurned a glorious chance for a stoppage time equaliser scooping Boyce's low centre over the bar."

Twitter stuff
1. CROSSBAR!!! Cracking first touch from Broadhead in the box from Akins' whipped cross. Up against the defender, he tries to squeeze one in at the near-post but it rattles the woodwork and bounces clear!
4. Broadhead showing for it early - pulls a 25-yard effort wide of the far post.
8. Fraser sees a low effort deflected narrowly wide before Broadhead then tees up a shot after a surging forward run but Daniel Iversen is down well to collect.
19. CLOSE! What a chance that is. Lovely slide-rule passes from Quinn and Broadhead then Fraser finds Lucas in the box. His shot deflects up, and on the volley, Scotty fires over from 12 yards.
59. Low cross from the right by Edwards is held by Iversen - important that the keeper got there as Broadhead was steaming in.
90+2. CLOSE. Was that the chance? Excellent run down the right from Boyce, plays a superb cross into Broadhead, but Nathan fires over.

Fan comments
"I'd like to see a natural wide man out wide and I'm "itching" to see Broadhead get a run up top."
"First 10 mins Broadhead looked unplayable, hit the bar and at least two other (poss 3) saves from their 'keeper. I hear people saying play him in his best position, but to me he is looking great in the advanced left side."
"Broadhead is described as a forward and for me there is a difference between a forward and a wide man (winger). Broadhead has a confident first touch I’d like to see him up front in a two with Boyce but it’s not the way we play."

German Bundesliga
Schalke 04 - Jonjoe Kenny played full match in 0-0 away draw at Borussia Mönchengladbach

Fan comments
"I like Kenny a lot"

...cheers, Matey. Familiar comments regarding Dowell, but we know how fortunes can change for all loanee’s throughout a season.

Virginia dropped for Reading. Not surprising after a not so comfortable debut and then gave away a really poor goal at his near post last week.

Hopefully he gets another chance to impress and isn't stuck on the bench for the rest of the season.

Championship

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff

Fan comments
"Dowell poor."

League One

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff

Fan comments

German Bundesliga

Fan comments
"I like Kenny a lot"

Not looking great for Adedoyin so far, unless he's injured

Status
Not open for further replies.