Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship
Barnsley - Joe Williams played full match and was booked in 0-0 home draw with Preston North End

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
43 - The referee calls Williams and Horgan over for a 'word'... Preston have a free-kick on the wing as we approach half-time.
51 - CLOSE! Reds win the ball back in midfield and break, Bradshaw plays it into the box for Williams who turns and shoots but it's well blocked.
90+2 - Joe Williams booked for a slight coming together with Ben Pearson, who walks away without punishment.

Fan comments
"Joe Williams a disappointment today."
"the lad Williams isn't great either"
"Williams - getting worse every game for me. Might be getting tired. 5/10"
"Williams & Fryers I'd have given a 3, both were bloody rubbish"

Leeds United - Matthew Pennington came on in the 90th minute of 2-1 away win at Burton Albion

Ipswich Town - Callum Connolly played full match in 0-0 home draw with QPR

OS Match Report
"Smithies pushed out Callum Connolly’s blockbuster as Town began to build some momentum just before the break"

Twitter stuff
45' Connolly tries his luck from distance and stings the fingertips of Smithies in the QPR goal

Fan comments
"Connolly and Bishop were finding it tough to get on the ball"
"Some players are more able to cope with the demands of playing in a physical league game after game. Connolly would be given a rest for sure if we actually had any other fit midfielders."

Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson came on in the 36th minute of 0-2 away defeat to Middlesbrough

OS Match Report

No particular comments about his performance.

Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell played full match in 0-3 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday

OS Match Report
"Firstly, Brereton skipped past Morgan Fox and drove towards goal on 11, only to see his cross-shot evade Walker and the far post before Kieran Dowell's stinging shot from 25 yards was tipped around the post by Joe Wildsmith."

Twitter stuff
16' #NFFC 0-1 SWFC: Forest pushing hard for an equaliser as Wildsmith gets down to push a strong effort from Kieran Dowell around the post.

Fan comment
"Dowell - 5 - not one of his better games.....in fact probably one of his worse. He ended up having to do the stuff that Bouchalakis should have been doing."

Sunderland - Tyias Browning played full match in 0-3 away defeat to Sheffield United

OS Match Report

No particular comments about him amidst generalised moaning.
Brendan Galloway not in matchday squad.
(Ex-EFC Academy John Lundstram scored first goal for Sheffield.)

League Two
Crewe Alexandra - Conor Grant played full match in 2-0 away win over Chesterfield

OS Match Report
"A powerful run from Conor Grant down the Crewe right hand side saw him fight tenaciously for possession and keep the move alive. The ball was finally worked into Kirk but Porter had just strayed offside as he tried to race onto his accurate through ball."
"After Chris O’Grady had pinched possession from Tom Lowery, the Crewe midfielder was delighted to see Conor Grant cover to rob it back off Kristian Dennis on the edge of the box. Grant rolled the ball back to Garratt to safely clear the danger."
"Captain Chris Dagnall also went close to adding a third with a late effort after a cross from Grant and a quick interchange of passing."

Seems like Leeds have a habit of putting Pennington on in the 90th minute of games. Very odd.

...reports suggest they are keen to bring him in on a permanent deal in January. Apparently he’s a very impressive young bloke, very academic and I can imagine he’s the type a manager likes to have in the squad even if he’s not a regular starter.

Hopefully these reports are correct.

http://aoifootball.com/2017/12/28/exclusive-my-injury-wont-need-a-surgery-reveals-onyekuru/

Speaking exclusively to AOIFootball.com from his base in Belgium, Onyekuru said that medics at Everton have reviewed the Magnetic Resonance Imagery (MRI) results and also the extent of damage to the leg, while clearing that the player and that he will be back on his feet in about six weeks as against the 12-15 weeks earlier reported in the media.

“Everton called for me to come back. They saw the picture of the MRI and they said I won’t need surgery. So hopefully, I will just go through the treatment and won’t need it,” the former KAS Eupen forward said.

The 20-year-old, who has raked in 8 goals this season for Anderlecht, revealed further he would be heading to the UK in three weeks to begin treatment.

“Hopefully, in three weeks I should be in UK for treatment,” he said.

I remember Robbie Fowler tweeting something similar about Jordan rossiter a few years ago
Is he still at rangers? Williams maybe good at the dirty side of midfield play. But not that great at the more important side. I see quite a few Barnsley fans giving him stick, for his technique and how often he gives the ball away.

Status
Not open for further replies.