Young EFC Players Out On Loan 16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
League Two
Doncaster Rovers - Conor Grant played full match in 3-1 home win over Portsmouth

OS Match Report
"The early goal settled Rovers down and they had a chance to make it two a few moments later, Everton loanee Conor Grant stung the palms of David Forde with a driven shot from the edge of the area."

Twitter stuff
8' Stunning effort by Conor Grant but Republic of Ireland international David Forde keeps hold of his effort. 1-0
25' Grant is back once again to do his defensive duties, this time blocking off former Rovers man Kyle Bennett, corner is cleared.1-0
29' Lovely football again by Rovers, this time a pass from Copps find Everton loanee Conor Grant who fires over the bar. 1-0
45' Free-kick for Rovers as Grant is clipped, Copps to take..... 1-1
45+' Grant ends up taking the responsibility off Coppinger and fires his free-kick off the top of the wall and away for a corner. 1-1

No particular fan comments as yet.

I had the first half on in the background ,only half watching, Grant grew into the game getting more and more involved, doing a bit of defending , playing mainly left midfield. He looked comfortable and competent at this level without being outstanding. Which is not being deregotory to him, both teams looked to be very good footballing sides . There's a good chance he will shine at Donny, that they get promoted and he makes himself a decent living at League1 / Championship level in years to come. I think everybody's agreed he's not going to make it with us but good luck to him .

FA Cup 3rd Round
West Bromwich Albion - Brendan Galloway started and was substituted in the 68th minute of 1-2 home defeat to Derby County

OS Match Report

Fan comment
"Galloway is ****ing ****. Another waste of space loan player. George Galloway would do a better job."

National League
Southport - Delial Brewster started and was substituted in the 75th minute of 1-2 away defeat to Aldershot Town

Fan comments
"Brewster - Worked hard but had little service. Never really got into the game. Made one identical run to the one he scored from last week but a different result this time "
"Brewster ran out of puff but makes some great runs off the ball and I like what he saw in his play today."
"Brewster got no service. He impressed me though. "
"Brewster was never really in it but let's give the fella a chance to adapt."

Luke Garbutt still recovering from injury for Wigan Athletic.

National League
Southport - Delial Brewster started and was substituted in the 80th minute of 1-0 away win over Barrow

from Live Text
8 mins - Good ball from McKeown finds Delial Brewster in space but Jon Flatt in the Barrow goal is first to the ball.
16 mins - Long free kick into the area, picked up by Brewster. Brester fends off free attackers and does very well to keep the ball, but sustained pressure prevents him from shooting. Eventually, Brewster has to battle too hard, and concedes a free kick swinging his arm. Good move though.
46 mins - Brewster breaks free of the defence and sprints to goal. He gets to the goal line trying to round Flatt but the keeper dives on the ball.
79 mins - Moussa Diarra stops Delial Brewster by grabbing his neck. No complaints from the Barrow crowd about that one though......
Q. How did Dele Alli Brewster do tonight? A. Very very well. Number of times he dealt with a physical challenge and burst through with speed. Been a joy to watch this evening.

Fan comments
Brewster is still acclimatising to us, I think he will be much better at home when we're pressing on teams. We saw little glimpses from him tonight.
I felt that Delial Brewster played better tonight than he did against Wrexham, despite not scoring. He looked fitter, sharper and stronger than on New Years' Day. He sat on the shoulder of the last man and threatened to get in behind a number of times. He also battled better than against Wrexham, he looks like a good player and will only improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.