2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
People may have said the same about Cavani.

….Mina played against Cavani and ensured the CBs were not bullied.

I think the point with Antonio is his bulk, strength and running power. He is the type to cause problems but you would hope Mina at least gets an arm across or leans into him to block the run. We lack aggression when Mina doesn’t play.

And if the manager, not to mention the owner, tell Brands that they don't want Mina to be sold because we won't be able to bring a good enough replacement in. Or if we do sell Mina in one of the next 2 transfer windows because he won't sign a new deal, and the manager walks away because we're selling our best players from under his nose. You have zero idea what is going in behind the scenes and what pressure is being put on Brands from within the club. You also assume that Brands has the final decision in these things. I'd be gobsmacked if he does.
The first sentence, while hypothetically possible, is divorced from the financial reality the club finds itself operating in, Moshiri, Rafael and Brands are well aware of it. We’re not in a position to lose players who have a value in the market for free just because we “can’t find a replacement”. We’ve seen it previously with Barkley, at a point, by the way, when the club wasn’t in the FFP nightmare it’s in now - if a player won’t sign a new deal they have to be sold.

Second sentence again, while hypothetically possible, isn’t tuned into reality and doesn’t give Rafael much credit. We’re not talking about selling one of our best players who has years on his contract against the managers wishes, just to cash in. We’re talking about selling a player who isn’t going to sign a new deal to realise a fee instead of losing him for nothing. Rafael took the job knowing our position and the wider shift in global transfer policy. I think he understands the difference, he’d have to be incredibly stupid not to. The chances of him flouncing off in a cream puff, given how desperate he was for the job, are next to nil.

You’re making a fair few assumptions yourself.

The first sentence, while hypothetically possible, is divorced from the financial reality the club finds itself operating in, Moshiri, Rafael and Brands are well aware of it. We’re not in a position to lose players who have a value in the market for free just because we “can’t find a replacement”. We’ve seen it previously with Barkley, at a point, by the way, when the club wasn’t in the FFP nightmare it’s in now - if a player won’t sign a new deal they have to be sold.

Second sentence again, while hypothetically possible, isn’t tuned into reality and doesn’t give Rafael much credit. We’re not talking about selling one of our best players who has years on his contract against the managers wishes, just to cash in. We’re talking about selling a player who isn’t going to sign a new deal to realise a fee instead of losing him for nothing. Rafael took the job knowing our position and the wider shift in global transfer policy. I think he understands the difference, he’d have to be incredibly stupid not to. The chances of him flouncing off in a cream puff, given how desperate he was for the job, are next to nil.

You’re making a fair few assumptions yourself.
With the greatest respect, that is all your own opinion.

As I said you know as much as anybody else about what's going on inside the club. In other words, absolutely f all.

I'm not making any assumptions at all. Just saying your criticism of Brands as regards Mina has no foundation.

Anyway I think we've exhausted this discussion. Let's leave it there

The difference is this season is that they are playing 3 games rather than 2 which means they miss a league game they wouldn’t normally have
Supposedly this is the last international break playing 3 matches instead of 2, it had to happen because of the WC qualifying matches that got canceled last year because of covid. It was an awful decision (although given the timeline for matches there was not a good alternative) and it has put so much pressure on the NT and the players. Colombia for example has to play 3 of the toughest teams in the coming days (Uruguay, Brazil and Argentina) so I’m really hopeful Mina stays healthy and fit for Colombia, and for Everton once he returns.

He's our best defender. I can't wait for the day we lose Mr no confidence...wait Blue Bill gave him some blag trophy a few years back. Just in case anyone is confused it's Keane!

There is specualation about Mina not signing a new contract not sure if there is any credence in that. But looking at the CB situation we have in addition to Mina, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate, Branthwaite also a young lad who is getting a lot of praise, Astley. Now if Mina won't stay is it such a problem?

There is specualation about Mina not signing a new contract not sure if there is any credence in that. But looking at the CB situation we have in addition to Mina, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate, Branthwaite also a young lad who is getting a lot of praise, Astley. Now if Mina won't stay is it such a problem?

….if a team loses its best CB then that team is weaker regardless of how many other CBs are at the club.

I think if he won’t sign a contract we will be looking to sell in January, by all accounts he’s very happy here.

We do need another CB though, I’d look to shift Holgate & kenae. I know Keane is flavour of the month with a lot of fans, but I feel he’s week mentally and one mistake normally leads to 3/4.

Not sure about Astley, he was talked about a lot at 16/17, not sure he’s kicked on and probably needs a loan to see how he does. I think Welch is the new one they’ve talked about. And he’s only 17.

Doesn't give up this lad. Don't think he'll let us down.

• Haha
Reactions: kev

Status
Not open for further replies.