2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it certain that he'll miss West Ham? if it were a Saturday game I would understand, but with it being Sunday..?

Yerry has had an up and down career here. When he first signed I was chuffed as he looked the deal but his first season was so stop start I thought he was going to be a nearly man. In his 2nd season he started poorly because him and Keane only work well together if it's a deep defending line and at the end of that season I would have cashed him in as he was an asset but he didn't fit the team. Last season he was poor alongside Keane and got dropped for Holgate. It was at that point I realised just how good he was as we were never the same team without him. This season he has picked up where he left off. I sometimes say I think Godfrey is our best CB but I think that's wrong and it's Mina. He absolutely needs retained.

Yerry has had an up and down career here. When he first signed I was chuffed as he looked the deal but his first season was so stop start I thought he was going to be a nearly man. In his 2nd season he started poorly because him and Keane only work well together if it's a deep defending line and at the end of that season I would have cashed him in as he was an asset but he didn't fit the team. Last season he was poor alongside Keane and got dropped for Holgate. It was at that point I realised just how good he was as we were never the same team without him. This season he has picked up where he left off. I sometimes say I think Godfrey is our best CB but I think that's wrong and it's Mina. He absolutely needs retained.

Don’t think he’s ever been poor for us when he’s actually played personally, a complete myth that he’s this erratic, unpredictable and error-prone defender. A lazy myth because he looks a bit ungainly due to his height and running style. Our most solid and reliable defender by a mile when he’s fit, the only one with a consistent level of performance in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.