2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always "next week...in contention".

I dont blame the player, I blame those tasked with bringing in players who are ready to go. The season is nine months long, not 6 or 7. Brands was at fault.

Oh ffs

We've signed Mina for FIVE years. He's been out for a month. It's not Brands' fault that Keane got a head injury, or that Jagielka got a red/and then injured, or that Holgate's form dropped off a cliff.

It's not Brands' fault that Gomes - who was in training by the middle of August - then had a set-back. These things happen.

I'm far more concerned by our seemingly inept medical staff than anything else.

So if we’d missed out on Mina to Man U, and when he’s fit in a few weeks began playing out of his skin we’d have said “should have got him and been patient for a bit”.

If we’ve waited this long for a potentially excellent CB, what’s a few more weeks?
Yes, because that's the position we're in as a club: all hands to the pump from day one of the season as we have to hit the ground running in order to avoid even the faintest of whiffs that anorther manager is failing.

Four of the new signings fell into the category of 'not good to go' - and it's cost us already.

Yes, because that's the position we're in as a club: all hands to the pump from day one of the season as we have to hit the ground running in order to avoid even the faintest of whiffs that anorther manager is failing.

Four of the new signings fell into the category of 'not good to go' - and it's cost us already.

has it? it's not like we signed them all with broken legs is it, they've had injuries and they'll be fine and playing regular in a few weeks providing no more set backs

we should have won most the games without them anyway, we've through away points because of the players on the pitch being foolish not because who wasn't playing

Personally I dont think we should ever have gone for a player with a handful of games for Columbia - certainly not with the knowledge that he was injured. The all round judgement was poor.

Maybe, maybe not. Let's face it you have no idea if he is any good or not. Neither do I. He looked alright in the World Cup and if he was at Barcelona then you would assume he has something about him.

We are all judging him off limited game time. I would like to think the decision makers at the club have signed him with some actual knowledge about him and not just based off what we have seen.

As for his injury, he had a knock, a knock that has taken a longer time to get right because the preseason wasn't the same as it usually is. It's not like we have signed him with a broken leg or anything.

Judge him when he plays.

Saw him in town yday by old hall st, he was walking down the street with a girl and another lad, and they were making loads of noise and jumping round hands in the air, and I went "oh god what are these jokers doing" and as I walked past that unmistakable smile I was like "ooer its yerry"

he is one tall lad, however very skinny, although maybe just looks like that as he is so tall

I think most footballers are skinnier than what you would imagine them to be.

has it? it's not like we signed them all with broken legs is it, they've had injuries and they'll be fine and playing regular in a few weeks providing no more set backs

we should have won most the games without them anyway, we've through away points because of the players on the pitch being foolish not because who wasn't playing
Maybe, maybe not. Let's face it you have no idea if he is any good or not. Neither do I. He looked alright in the World Cup and if he was at Barcelona then you would assume he has something about him.

We are all judging him off limited game time. I would like to think the decision makers at the club have signed him with some actual knowledge about him and not just based off what we have seen.

As for his injury, he had a knock, a knock that has taken a longer time to get right because the preseason wasn't the same as it usually is. It's not like we have signed him with a broken leg or anything.

Judge him when he plays.
It's mostly nothing to do with the quality of the player. He may be a great signing.

As said above though, we are not a club that can afford to stockpile players for the first three months of the season and hope to get away with it. We've dropped crucial points and that could have been avoided. We needed momentum early this season and we've had a kind fixture list for the most part and haven't done that great. It then puts us under the cosh a bit in the next few weeks.

THAT ^^^ scenario could have been avoided with a better transfer window.

It's mostly nothing to do with the quality of the player. He may be a great signing.

As said above though, we are not a club that can afford to stockpile players for the first three months of the season and hope to get away with it. We've dropped crucial points and that could have been avoided. We needed momentum early this season and we've had a kind fixture list for the most part and haven't done that great. It then puts us under the cosh a bit in the next few weeks.

If the player who the manager wants is injured then he should go for that player and not settle for second best.

You are more concerned with a short term fix rather than long term. Say we didn't get Mina and we signed, I dunno lets say Victor Lindelof as he was fit. Lindelof is an improvement on what we have but long term he does not give us the extra ability to challenge further up the table. In that instance you play the long game and get 4 years use (minus 2 months) out of a better player than the full 4 years from a lesser player.

I get the frustration and I do get what you are saying about the manager being under pressure if we don't come flying out of the gates but that's an issue with our fanbase more than anything else. If our fans cant see the bigger picture then they deserve everything they get with this managerial merry-go-round.

how are we stock piling? we needed a CB and bought Mina, he signed late anyway so wasn't ready he then had an injury set back so has missed 6 games out of 40 odd, it's not massive, he will be ready for the next game

I can remember a lad we had as manager bought a CF for us that was never fit and the same lad bought a CM made out of balsa wood and cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.