2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this deal and Tierney he's earned all my trust. Loved that article about him swearing when mina scored, a lot of blues did the same when lozano scored.

My take on that "He has scored" comment, is that he knew the price/profile would go up. Liked the idea of him and Silva watching the match at Moshiris place pretty sound, not gonna lie

My take on that "He has scored" comment, is that he knew the price/profile would go up. Liked the idea of him and Silva watching the match at Moshiris place pretty sound, not gonna lie

Yep, which is how the transfer thread went when lozano scored v Germany.

It’s obvious his stance with Tierney and Mina is that he has a figure in mind what a player is worth and obviously won’t overpay to secure his targets. Time will tell if this was the right thing to do with regard to Tierney, having secured Digne as an alternative. But one thing is true we wouldn’t have been bullied into paying such extortionate prices last year for the likes of Klassen, Siguardsson, Pickford and Keane, that’s if Brands would have wanted them anyway.

It’s obvious his stance with Tierney and Mina is that he has a figure in mind what a player is worth and obviously won’t overpay to secure his targets. Time will tell if this was the right thing to do with regard to Tierney, having secured Digne as an alternative. But one thing is true we wouldn’t have been bullied into paying such extortionate prices last year for the likes of Klassen, Siguardsson, Pickford and Keane, that’s if Brands would have wanted them anyway.

Pickford’s price doesn’t seem so extortionate this Summer.

Pickford’s price doesn’t seem so extortionate this Summer.
I agree, but there was widespread scepticism of how much we paid for Pickford last summer and was he worth it , not just by the media but by the fans also. Fast forward 12 months he is now undisputed England no.1, has proven to be far and away out best signing in what was a very poor window and has seen goalkeepers go for nearly 3 tines the price we paid for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.