Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
....the safety net was in place. Walsh is on record as saying he had power of veto over Koeman generated signings and Koeman had power of veto over Walsh generated signings.

I never thought they were on the same page, ego’s at play. They just signed players without any view to systems or blend.
I’m saying the veto should’ve come well above those two. It was clear to see that his signing was not a viable option and yet he remains an Everton player to this day

It was harsh as Koeman bought a player who he thought was in his prime, would give us pace and power, and could hit the ground running in the league straight away. At first it looked promising but as ever with Everton and absolutely debilitating injuries followed and he was never the same. I find it hard to blame the lad, there’s no point bashing players who relied on their pace who then have it stripped from them by injury. His entire game went away.

It was harsh as Koeman bought a player who he thought was in his prime, would give us pace and power, and could hit the ground running in the league straight away. At first it looked promising but as ever with Everton and absolutely debilitating injuries followed and he was never the same. I find it hard to blame the lad, there’s no point bashing players who relied on their pace who then have it stripped from them by injury. His entire game went away.

But he was never ever a good player though.

I’m saying the veto should’ve come well above those two. It was clear to see that his signing was not a viable option and yet he remains an Everton player to this day
Who mate would veto it? Whomever it was would may as well take over because he would of undermined the manager

But he was never ever a good player though.

I didn’t particularly fancy him but a lot of people thought he’d be an exciting addition if a bit expensive. He’d made an impact at Palace but we should have gone for a Mane or Zaha type for that money. Koeman seemed to prioritise players in their prime who could make an immediate impact like Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Siggurdson. I can’t blame him because Martinez left us with a squad of kids and old men. He just bought completely the wrong players and then they massively let us down through being horrifically unprofessional.

Who mate would veto it? Whomever it was would may as well take over because he would of undermined the manager
The owner or his representative. Should’ve done it diplomatically saying we’re not signing him but I’m more than happy to shell out on someone better.

Absolutely the right thing to do.

The owner or his representative. Should’ve done it diplomatically saying we’re not signing him but I’m more than happy to shell out on someone better.

Absolutely the right thing to do.
No mate you cant say you are not signing him, you can ask a couple times are you sure about this, but if you say no what's the point of the manager being there.

No mate you cant say you are not signing him, you can ask a couple times are you sure about this, but if you say no what's the point of the manager being there.
The signing made absolutely no sense especially for that money. Absolutely everyone knew how it was going to go and the repercussions are still being felt today years down the line. In my opinion someone from the top should’ve passed down the message that they wouldn’t release the funds for this transfer and they’d advise Walsh to move for someone better who they’d be happy to shell out for.

:cheers:
The signing made absolutely no sense especially for that money. Absolutely everyone knew how it was going to go and the repercussions are still being felt today years down the line. In my opinion someone from the top should’ve passed down the message that they wouldn’t release the funds for this transfer and they’d advise Walsh to move for someone better who they’d be happy to shell out for.
I would just be repeating what I said previously mate no point in the manager.Koeman would of gone in to the job knowing there was money and knowing his budget and 25m was obviously inside the budget, so you have to back the manager or dont hire him in the first place.

:cheers:

I would just be repeating what I said previously mate no point in the manager.Koeman would of gone in to the job knowing there was money and knowing his budget and 25m was obviously inside the budget, so you have to back the manager or dont hire him in the first place.
In a situation where something is so obviously a poor piece of strategy and of business in my opinion you don’t back the manager or the DoF or whoever it is. Just my opinion like

Status
Not open for further replies.