Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like his thread is locked.

Regardless, reports suggest Sporting Lisbon have returned to training but Bolasie isn’t with them.

The good news is, the Portuguese club are having to pay his salary until the end of June. The bad news is, he does not figure in coach Ruben Amorim’s plans and they will not be taking the £4m purchase option.

Brands will need to find him another club.

No way is he their manager. I had him on FM as a box to box midfielder for Middlesbrough in the Championship a few years back. He was dead average.

No way is he their manager. I had him on FM as a box to box midfielder for Middlesbrough in the Championship a few years back. He was dead average.

That never, ever gets any less painful to look at.

Was wondering at the time what our plan was considering we'd already signed Klassen, Rooney and Sandro who all arguably occupied the same position. Then I thought, well they must know, they must have some grand plan. Then over the two legs vs Ruzemberok we were poor and I thought they just need to click. Then the games vs a poor Split we were scraped through and worry started to kick in. And then the rest is history

There was nobody sensible enough to Echo your very correct thoughts, Kenwright brought Moshiri into the club but never looked after his interests and his money, looked after his own though. I remember Kenwright saying at Moshiri’s first AGM meeting referring to Moshiri “ He’s the man who keeps giving” and didn’t the vultures around him keep grabbing it, instead of advising and helping the new benefactor, Walsh, Koeman, Kenwright and later fat Sam certainly helped themselves without a thought for Moshiri.
You’ve just got to hope we’ve learnt from the mistake and there’s some checks and balances in place to stop this happening again

Still think his output was alright pre-Arsenal injury. He was brainless but his pace was blistering and made him a decent outlet. Very unfortunate to have had the main element of his game stripped from him. But yes, now literally has nothing to offer any half decent team.

He was okay at Palace. The odd one or two games in ten. His goal return was pretty bad too. Perfect signing for us. A non-goalscoring, inconsistent winger. Joining legends like Beagrie, Warzycha (?), Alexanderson, Blomquist, Van Der Meydre, Oster etc.
If he played for the RS, Bournemouth would already have slapped down a £30million bid.

Unfair on Beagrie that list

The higher-ups in the club should’ve vetoed this one. Every man and his dog knew what Bolasie was about and they should’ve had a gentle word along the lines of “we do not believe that £30m for this player is a sensible commitment but we are more than happy to back you with a plan B”.

All it would’ve taken.

....the safety net was in place. Walsh is on record as saying he had power of veto over Koeman generated signings and Koeman had power of veto over Walsh generated signings.

I never thought they were on the same page, ego’s at play. They just signed players without any view to systems or blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.