writing on the wall for AJ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpole

Player Valuation: £15m
So the club has swiftly rebutted the rumours of a bid for Darren Bent - but done nothing to quell the rumours about AJ being up for sale. Given that all previous rumours about AJ leaving have been met with immediate and strong denials, it seems reasonable to think there must be some substance to the stories this time.

If true, this is worrying news for Everton. It will be the first time for several years that we've been forced to sell one of our key players for financial reasons. It raises serious questions as to how we can expect to compete with free spending teams like Spurs and Man City (never mind the top 4) in the years ahead.

So the club has swiftly rebutted the rumours of a bid for Darren Bent - but done nothing to quell the rumours about AJ being up for sale. Given that all previous rumours about AJ leaving have been met with immediate and strong denials, it seems reasonable to think there must be some substance to the stories this time.

If true, this is worrying news for Everton. It will be the first time for several years that we've been forced to sell one of our key players for financial reasons. It raises serious questions as to how we can expect to compete with free spending teams like Spurs and Man City (never mind the top 4) in the years ahead.

Well, AJ signed a five year deal in November and I think the club may just be getting bored of constantly dismissing the AJ rumours.

But you never know...

If we can't get a replacement in then I doubt we'd sell him. I certainly wouldn't sell him if we couldn't get a capable replacement in.

What rumours? Where have the club denied anything?

For me if its a case of flogging AJ then its a sad state however if we are selling him to finance another striker then fair doo's as long as that striker is a better player to AJ...

i have loved AJ but his 1 main asset is his pace now after a few niggling injuries its quite plain to see the last 6 months or so that he has lost a couple of yards when first here his pace was breathtaking however we can no longer say that can we if were honest...

Darren Bent hmmm better finisher than AJ better footballer but will he be better in the 4-5-1 system our Davey favours, that is AJ's saving grace as he fits perfectly into that system but if he is not returning the goals its no good & peeps can harp on about his service thats crap as Yak didnt struggle did he & he missed our first month & was away for a month in africa....

I would let AJ go, first, it would create more money for moyes to spend on transfers (around 8 million), and even if we didnt get another striker in, weve still got vaughan and anichebe who could play, if a midfielder or yakubu gets injured, so there is no loss...

...but there arent many top clas strikers out there now who we could afford...so i think moyes will have to go back into the championship...

For me if its a case of flogging AJ then its a sad state however if we are selling him to finance another striker then fair doo's as long as that striker is a better player to AJ...

i have loved AJ but his 1 main asset is his pace now after a few niggling injuries its quite plain to see the last 6 months or so that he has lost a couple of yards when first here his pace was breathtaking however we can no longer say that can we if were honest...

Darren Bent hmmm better finisher than AJ better footballer but will he be better in the 4-5-1 system our Davey favours, that is AJ's saving grace as he fits perfectly into that system but if he is not returning the goals its no good & peeps can harp on about his service thats crap as Yak didnt struggle did he & he missed our first month & was away for a month in africa....

Bent scored 37 goals in two seasons playing as a loan striker in a 4-5-1 system for Charlton. He's supposedly excellent upfront on his own.

IF and I mean if whats been said to me is true then Davy has been told to generate his own transfer cash,so if thats the case AJ is always going to be the rumour target as of the players we would sell he is going to bring the most in.If its true about the cash ect why did we increase his contract to five years as he still had a couple left so in effect all we have done is give him a pay rise which we will have to pay compensation to AJ at that rate as he has not asked to go not very good acumen on our part.

This is starting to scare the heck out of me. Before any one else leaves we need to at least fill Cars replacement for me to feel any better. I felt we missed a leader upfront to backup Yak. Vaughan & Anichebe couldn't keep fit so they are potentially exciting up and comers if they stay healthy and thats a big if. I can't see Bent coming myself but if Moyes needs to generate spending money for a big name I would still look to the midfield to be fixed first. Paper thin is getting on my nerves a little at the moment.:eek:

I would not be at all happy were we to sell AJ. The bloke has run his blood to water trying to get on the end of hopeful punts by Jagielka and the like.
If Moyes has to sell before he can buy that just goes to show what a sorry state we are in !

Two words for all of you:

Squad. Depth.

It's been a problem for the past few years. Kenwright knows it. Moyes knows it. The supporters know it.

I highly doubt that we sell AJ, even to finance the purchase of another player.

If Yakubu goes down, who's our next striking option? It's AJ.

AJ will be wearing Everton blue when the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.